Danny Elfman's DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS (2022)

TheUlyssesian

3 hours ago, Matt C said:

"We’ll definitely refer to his original theme, and I’ll no doubt be coming up with new motifs for new situations and characters. I'm not going to ignore it. I don't believe in that. There's this weird thought process in Hollywood every time you do something new that you’ve got to let the original musical themes go and start fresh. I think that doesn't serve an audience well. So I like doing variations on a theme that I know for a character that an audience already associates with them. I think that's important. When I did Avengers: Age of Ultron, I was very careful to find places to play around with Alan Silvestri’s theme. And I enjoyed it."

That's reassuring! Really impatient to listen to this.

We all have to make sacrifices. I had to put Zimmer in my collection with Elfman’s Justice League and Intrada’s release of White Fang.

That’s what makes the film score community strong.

4 minutes ago, Ollie said:

We all have to make sacrifices. I had to put Zimmer in my collection with Elfman’s Justice League

You mean Brian Tyler, right?

There are no Brian Tyler themes in Elfman's Justice League score.  But the score does use Zimmer Wonder Woman material in track 6, which is what he's referring to

Maybe, I don't remember

Though I am curious what Thor thought Brian Tyler had to do with Justice League, or any DC movies for that matter

3 hours ago, Thor said:

Sorry, I was thinking about AGE OF ULTRON, which they did together.

They didn't do it together, in the sense that there was no collaboration.

Brian Tyler recorded a complete score for the entire film, then later Elfman was called in to do a new score for as many scenes as he could. The final film uses a mix of Brian's old cues, Elfman's new cues, and music tracked in from Silvestri's Avengers score, while the OST album is split between Tyler music and Elfman music always in their own tracks.

So if they collaborated on anything, it was only how to produce an OST album with both their music on it.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

They didn't do it together, in the sense that there was no collaboration.

Brian Tyler recorded a complete score for the entire film, then later Elfman was called in to do a new score for as many scenes as he could. The final film uses a mix of Brian's old cues, Elfman's new cues, and music tracked in from Silvestri's Avengers score, while the OST album is split between Tyler music and Elfman music always in their own tracks

And it becomes a much better album by removing Tyler's tracks, in my opinion.

I can't get into Tyler's score at all, but Elfman's score is fun!

If anyone hasn't seen, you can see how Tyler's cues would have fit to film footage here:

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33100-restored-isolated-score-avengers-age-of-ultron

On 3/24/2021 at 9:35 AM, Ollie said:

I think there’s also a reference to Zimmer’s MOS as well. 

"Krypton" was tracked into JL for one scene. That's why it's not on the Elfman OST.

A proper use of the previous score would be:

- Doctor Strange: Giacchino + Elfman's revision

- Wanda: Beck + Elfman's revision

- Spider-Man (Maguire): Elfman + Elfman's revision (might be interesting to hear what more he would bring to his own material)

- Spider-Man (Épinglé sur Photos de chats rigolos): Horner + Elfman's revision

- Spider-Man (Holland): Giacchino + Elfman's revision

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Alex said:

They seem to be recording the choir in LA? (Assuming this is from Dr Stange 2)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYp7uQHrDun/

Can you post a screenshot of the post?  I don't have an instagram account and that link seems to require me to log in to see it.

It's certainly possible.  Williams is very much the outlier for insisting on recording them in the room at the same time as the orchestra these days.  At least he used to insist on that, was that still the case for TLJ/TROS?

On 14/01/2022 at 9:36 PM, Matt C said:

Danny needs a haircut.

He is looking rather …mmmm…unkempt? Must be testing out his hair plugs (?) His hairline has certainly fluctuated over the years. 

On 15/01/2022 at 12:19 AM, WampaRat said:

He is looking rather …mmmm…unkempt? Must be testing out his hair plugs (?) His hairline has certainly fluctuated over the years. 

He definitely is unkempt. That pic of him and Bartek supervising the remote sessions -- he looks like he just got of bed and went to the studio.

Hopefully he cleans up for the premiere.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/2/2022 at 6:27 PM, Edmilson said:

This looks like a thrilling, scary, bonkers and wild ride. I consider the Multiverse like a dominoes set. WandaVision and Loki gathered the dominoes; What If showed the potential; Spider-Man: No Way Home set the dominoes up. Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is going to knock the dominoes down.

Looking forward to seeing this.

On 13/2/2022 at 6:42 PM, Edmilson said:

There's  a new poster as well:

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto que diz "MARVEL STUDIOS DOCTOr DOCTORSTINGE STRNGE THE THE MUI TIVERSE በ MADNESS MAY 6"

If you look closely, on the left top corner, you can see the Darkhold (Book of the Damned) from WandaVision in one of the glass shards. In the bottom right corner, in one of the glass shards, you can see Captain Carter’s shield from What If…? (Peggy Carter after having took the super-soldier serum in an alternate timeline).

Holy Jeebers this looks like one bad @$$ of a movie!

Elfman has got quite the canvas to paint on here. This stuff is right up his alley. I can only hope he's on the same creative mindset he was when he scored his Spidey scores - particularly the second one.

Can't say I wouldn't have loved Giacchino's take on this more though. But it is what it is.

• 2 weeks later...