Danny Elfman's DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS (2022)

TheUlyssesian

I hear another ominous motif in the score. It appears in at least three tracks - The Apple Orchard, Journey with Wong and Getting Through. Is it for Darkhold? Seems that way.

Speaking of themes, what's up with the one appearing in both Tribunal and Illuminati vs Wanda? It starts off with the same phrase as Wanda's theme but then it goes in another direction.

Karol

On 28/05/2022 at 8:21 AM, crocodile said:

I hear another ominous motif in the score. It appears in at least three tracks - The Apple Orchard, Journey with Wong and Getting Through. Is it for Darkhold? Seems that way.

Speaking of themes, what's up with the one appearing in both Tribunal and Illuminati vs Wanda? It starts off with the same phrase as Wanda's theme but then it goes in another direction.

Karol

That's an Illuminati theme.

Could you pinpoint the Darkhold motif? I haven't recognised it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Just read Clemmensen´s review. I find the criticism of Elfman abandoning the ethnic instrumention and sound a bit weird. I always associated it with Kamar-Taj, which does not feature that much in MoM. I usually like his reviews but this one is as bizarre as him pretending PoA isn´t good.

https://www.filmtracks.com/titles/doctor_strange_madness.html 

• 4 months later...

Elfmam won the Saturn Award for Best Music In Film for this score.

The other nominees were:

Michael Abels – Nope

Nicholas Britell – Cruella

Michael Giacchino – The Batman

Nathan Johnson – Nightmare Alley

Howard Shore – Crimes of the Future

Joel P. West – Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

• 8 months later...
On 09/06/2022 at 5:57 PM, Alex said:

Just read Clemmensen´s review. I find the criticism of Elfman abandoning the ethnic instrumention and sound a bit weird. I always associated it with Kamar-Taj, which does not feature that much in MoM. I usually like his reviews but this one is as bizarre as him pretending PoA isn´t good.

https://www.filmtracks.com/titles/doctor_strange_madness.html 

This review is really odd because he mixes up several themes. I always enjoy reading his reviews because, even if I disagree with him, his analysis is usually thorough. He is factually wrong several times in this review. I think he was so bothered by Elfman writing 'new' themes that he wasn't as keen to dig deep. It's a shame because there's a lot going on here.