Jurassic Shark

The Force Awakens vs. Air Force One vs. Rogue One  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which score do you prefer?

• The Force Awakens (John Williams)
    • Air Force One (Goldsmith)
    • Rogue One (Giacchino)

All 3 scores have their positives.

AFO can get a bit boring at times, simply due to the repetitive nature. But it still has several cues that are a fun listen

I listen to Rogue One more than TFA. And both are the best of the 5 new Star Wars scores since 2015.

4 minutes ago, Ollie said:

AFO can get a bit boring at times...

It's the one expansion I regret purchasing. The extra material did next to nothing for me, alas.

27 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

RO is solid Giacchino (so no contender in any way). AFO is good second tier Goldsmith. TFA is top tier Williams.

This, 100%. :) I like all three very much but The Force Awakens stands head and shoulders above the other two. Actually much of my favorite music in AFO is by Joel McNeely, so that's another connection to Star Wars music. I'm shocked that @Thor went for the Goldsmith/McNeely score over the Williams.

Yavar

I'm a much bigger fan of Giacchino's Rogue One than most on here (and Air Force One is also terrific), but TFA is head and shoulders above them. Not even close. Indeed, TFA might well be my all-time favorite film score. 

When can we expect The Dark Knight Rises vs. Rise of Skywalker vs. Rise of the Guardians vs. Rise of the Planet of the Apes vs. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra vs. Underworld: Rise of the Lychans vs. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer?