What is your favourite Alien's score/movie?

What is your favourite Alien's score/movie?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Alien's score?

• Alien by Jerry Goldsmith
    • Aliens by James Horner
    • Alien³ by Elliot Goldenthal
    • Alien: Resurrection by John Frizzell
    • I've never listen to any of them.
    • I don't like any of them.
  2. 2. What is your favourite Alien's spin-off score?

• Prometheus by Marc Streitenfeld
    • Alien: Covenant by Jed Kurzel
    • Alien vs. Predator by Harald Kloser
    • Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem by Brian Tyler
    • I've never listen to any of them.
  3. 3. What is your favourite Alien's movie?

• Alien
    • Aliens
    • Alien³
    • Alien: Resurrection
    • I've never watch any of them.
  4. 4. What is your favourite Alien's spin-off movie?

• Prometheus
    • Alien: Covenant
    • Alien vs. Predator
    • Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem
    • I've never watch any of them.

Agreed. How many time will they reboot the serie? They did it with Salvation then Genesys and then Dark Fate. If they do it again I swear I'll invent Skynet to send a Terminator back in the past to kill myself before they do all this.

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's called a Selective Sequel and there's been more of them made than I had realized!

https://screencrush.com/selective-sequels/

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25438--/

I didn't know Trevorrow throw away the 2 other JP. I know he doesn't like the III because it did take a lot of pleasure to destroy the Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus | Jurassic World Wiki | Fandom

but damn throwing away The Lost World is a enormooooooous mystake. I mean it's one of the best sequel ever (with ESB, ToD, Godfather part.II and BttF part.II)

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's called a Selective Sequel and there's been more of them made than I had realized!

Yeah, was never a big fan of those. In terms of the Blomkamp project, it would have needed to adress two issues in the writing if I were to embrace it as a proper ALIEN film. First create a time hole aspect to the series to account for the diverging timelines - something the universe hasn't embodied (that's more of a STAR TREK thing), and second account for the advanced ages of Weaver, Henriksen and Biehn. I would not necessarily need the retired Carrie Henn back, but preferably someone with an "adult likeness".

If those two aspects had been solved satisfactorily, I would have been onboard. The tantalizing idea of having those guys back together again would have weighed up somewhat for the new element of 'time holes'.

But the point is all moot now. The project will never happen.

Yeah. But do we know if Blomkamp might be part of the Alien show that Disney is developing or not? It could be a cool way for him to show us what he could have done and even cooler without breaking the timeline.

Just now, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

Yeah. But do we know if Blomkamp might be part of the Alien show that Disney is developing or not? It could be a cool way for him to show us what he could have done and even cooler without breaking the timeline.

I don't think so. AFAIK, it's all being developped by Noah Hawley, and Blomkamp is not involved in any capacity. But last time I heard, they were negotiating with Ridley Scott to get him onboard as producer.

21 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

I didn't know Trevorrow throw away the 2 other JP. I know he doesn't like the III because it did take a lot of pleasure to destroy the Spinosaurus

I don’t think Jurassic World ignored the other sequels completely, I think there's a throw away line in there about events that happened on the "other island". But yeah, he pretty much disregards everything that occurred after the first. And rightly so. Spielberg's decision to end the second film with a T-Rex running havoc around San Diego was awful and contrary to the spirit of the series. It's been a while since I read Crichton's sequel, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't end that way. One of Spielberg's biggest misfires actually.

The whole reason I wanted to see Blomkamp's movie is b/c he apparently was going to ignore the deaths of Hicks & Newt and bring back both characters. Killing them offscreen that way was unforgivable.

Anyway, I've never heard the term "selective sequel", but I'm all for it. I literally would not have a problem with Ripley waking up from hypersleep at the beginning of Blomkamp's movie and realising that everything after Aliens was a nightmare. Yes, that's right, I'd be happy for them to use the most lame retcon plot device ever if it meant erasing those abominations.

I'm glad Blomkamp's film never got made. Would've probably been a fun but ultimately uninspiring nostalgia grab, which doesn't interest me. Still hoping for a continuation of David's story, great potential there.

As long as Scott doesn't decide of everything I think we should be safe from another Covenant (which is in my opinion the only bad Alien movie)

Not going into that discussion. As I've said elsewhere, I'm an enormous fan of COVENANT, and I get angry and too passionate every time I defend it. So not even going there. But regardless, I think Scott got out most of those vibes in his brilliant show RAISED BY WOLVES recently (both visually and thematically), so I'm guessing his role will be more like a consultant. IF they get him, that is. I don't think it's confirmed yet.

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

Not going into that discussion. As I've said elsewhere, I'm an enormous fan of COVENANT, and I get angry and too passionate every time I defend it. So not even going there. But regardless, I think Scott got out most of those vibes in his brilliant show RAISED BY WOLVES recently (both visually and thematically), so I'm guessing his role will be more like a consultant. IF they get him, that is. I don't think it's confirmed yet.

Sorry. Stay calm just relax...

Chill GIF - ChillOut CalmDown Relax - Discover & Share GIFs

I have to see Raised by the wolves though.