So Ronald D Moore is developing a Magic Kingdom TV Universe for Disney+

Jay

We watched the first 3 episodes of Outlander together, at which point I decided the show wasn't for me and she's watched the rest without me.  I occasionally catch bits of it when she's watching and I am sure I made the right decision.  She likes it though, and ended up reading all the books.

I've seen all of OUTLANDER, BATTLESTAR: GALACTICA, CARNIVALE, PHILIP K. DICK'S ELECTRIC DREAMS and the extremely underrated HELIX. Watched the occasional STAR TREK back in the day, but that's generally not my cup of tea. My only remaining Moore hole is FOR ALL MANKIND, which is on my soon-to-watch list. So yeah -- I'm a fan, and welcome any new show with open arms, even though I have absolutely no connection to Magic Kingdom. Never been to a Disneyland amusement park in my life.

I owned the first two volumes of the Outlander soundtrack since 2015 or so, but I never watched the show until late last year, when I twisted the missus' arm and she was bored until the actual science fiction moment of the first episode. Now we're both hooked, we have binged through what Netflix has, and I'm wondering now how to get Season 5 for cheap. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

It'll probably come to Netflix shortly before Season 6 drops on Starz; You could also do a month free trial of Starz, watch it all, then cancel

I can't wait a year. I've already seen too many spoilers. I am weak. 

I'll probably do the trial unless I can get Sonarr to work. 

46 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

My mother loves Outlander as well, she's watched every episode on Netflix. It seems to be a quite popular show with women. 

Yes. It's kinda in that kiosk women's lit genre -- which normally would be poison to me. But I love the attention to historical detail (especially in the production design), and how gruelling and gruesome it can be on occasion (especially in the first couple of seasons). I tend to look at my iPhone during the boring sex scenes and romance.