New Spielberg movie: The Fabelmans (2022)

Once

On 4/10/2021 at 12:57 AM, Muad'Dib said:

Truffaut made some one of his best films inspired by his own childhood.

Wasn't Roma inspired by Cuaron's aunt? 

I think Spielberg is usually at his best when directing stories he has a personal attachment to. It's probably the same reason he walked away from Indy 5. 

• 4 weeks later...

I hope the title isn't indicative that it will have a more whimsical tone... I'm reallly hoping for something simple, intimate and sincere.

16 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

I hope the title isn't indicative that it will have a more whimsical tone... I'm reallly hoping for something simple, intimate and sincere.

Yeah I'm getting BFG vibes just from the title. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is Spilelberg involved in Indy 5 at all?  I mean I'm sure he's a producer or exec producer on it, but will he be visiting the set for that or anything?

The Fabelmans is supposed to start filming "this summer" according to the original article in the main post

The film will start shooting this summer with an expectation that it will be released sometime in 2022.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Is Spilelberg involved in Indy 5 at all?  I mean I'm sure he's a producer or exec producer on it, but will he be visiting the set for that or anything?

He will probably visit the set a day or two and maybe even guest direct a couple of scenes, like he's done with friends like on Wolf of Wall Street and Revenge of the Sith.

And I'm sure he'll have a watchful eye on post-production and visit the recording sessions, but he'll probably stay hands out createvly. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

The Fabelmans is supposed to start filming "this summer" according to the original article in the main post

Fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing the writer of that article is just an intern or something and missed that it was now titled

Maybe but Deadline is usually on top of things. Their announcement with the kid playing Spielberg also says untitled.

Probably still just the working title and Deadline's not confident to confirm it as the actual title yet. Could go either way, I guess.

Yea, who knows!

I've grown to like the name "The Fabelmans" but I'm sure another name could be better

EDIT: Oh shoot, I thought of the perfect name for the movie:

Amblin'

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

EDIT: Oh shoot, I thought of the perfect name for the movie:

Amblin'

That's inspired!

Only problem is, people might get it confused with Spielberg's previous blockbuster of the same name.

I guess he was already 22 when he made that, and this films appears to be mostly about when he was younger.  Though I still suspect we'll see things we'll recognize as being the inspiration for his future work

1 hour ago, Nick1066 said:

That's inspired!

Only problem is, people might get it confused with Spielberg's previous blockbuster of the same name.

Truly a cultural phenomenon, generations of kids would spit sunflower seeds at each other on the road forever after.

Brilliant show! Season 1 takes some time to find its voice, but when it does, the whole thing starts soaring.

Season 4 has a bit of a lull in the beginning but really picks up. One of the more remarkably consistent comedies/Netflix shows out there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Maybe it's time to change the name of the thread?

I agree, since the movie's got a title now. I'm not sure how to do it, though (maybe only mods can?). :)

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

What about West Side Story?

Already shot and was pictured locked well over a year ago. It's been sitting on a hard drive at Disney ever since.

On 7/24/2021 at 4:57 AM, crumbs said:

Wow shooting already, didn't see that coming! 

On 3/9/2021 at 1:56 PM, Once said:

The film will start shooting this summer with an expectation that it will be released sometime in 2022.

On 7/24/2021 at 8:33 AM, Brundlefly said:

What about West Side Story?

That was filmed in the summer of 2019 and could have, and really should have, been a Holiday 2019 release. 

But Disney wanted it to be their big Holiday 2020 movie in between Star Wars and Avatar releases:

Christmas 2015: STAR WARS

Christmas 2016: STAR WARS

Christmas 2017: STAR WARS

Christmas 2018: mary poppins

Christmas 2019: STAR WARS

Christmas 2020: west side story

Christmas 2021: AVATAR

Christmas 2022: STAR WARS

Christmas 2023: AVATAR

Christmas 2024: STAR WARS

Christmas 2025: AVATAR

Christmas 2026: STAR WARS

Christmas 2027: AVATAR

so it sat finished for a year. Then, covid pushed it and all the Star Wars and Avatar movies back another year

Christmas 2015: STAR WARS

Christmas 2016: STAR WARS

Christmas 2017: STAR WARS

Christmas 2018: mary poppins

Christmas 2019: STAR WARS

Christmas 2020: covid

Christmas 2021: west side story

Christmas 2022: AVATAR

Christmas 2023: STAR WARS

Christmas 2024: AVATAR

Christmas 2025: STAR WARS

Christmas 2026: AVATAR

Christmas 2027: STAR WARS

Christmas 2028: AVATAR

So by the time it finally comes out it will be 2 1/2 years after it was filmed.