Henry Jackman's Falcon and the Winter Soldier

6 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

So, we won't get one album per episode like Mandalorian S1 and WandaVision, right? Like Mandalorian 2, we will instead get one or two albums of highlights, right?

I don't think anybody on this forum knows the answer to that question

• 2 weeks later...

Volume 1 available in New-Zealand:

1. Lousiana Hero (2:15)

2. Tough Act to Follow (1:17)

3. Airborne Operation (5:57)

4. Smithsonian Tribute (0:54)

5. Nightmares (1:23)

6. What Do You Want? (1:23)

7. Pluck Up the Nerve (1:54)

8. New Agitators (1:13)

9. THe Wrong Guy (1:39)

10. America's Sweetheart (1:06)

11. No Parachute (1:30)

12. Stakeout (1:40)

13. Outmatched (2:47)

14. Safe House (2:42)

15. Someone You Should Meet (1:09)

16. Overlooked For Promotion (1:21)

17. Warranted Attention (1:04)

18. Fraying Edges (2:05)

19. Take One For the Team (2:22)

20. Unnecessary Use of Force (1:48)

21. Prison Break (4:42)

22. A Marriage of Convenience (0:33)

23. A Pure Heart (1:49)

24. Low Town (1:25)

25. Attack, Soldier! (1:48)

26. Breaking Character (2:30)

27. Bad Science (3:31)

28. Masked Man (1:21)

29. Dissent and Disillusionment (1:09)

30. Radicalized (1:20)

31. Star Spnagled Man (1:45)

TOTAL LENGTH: 1:04:22

Why couldnt Mandalorian get this treatment again?

Listening to it, it seems like it covers most of the episodes' music, though some of the longer tracks are microedited here and there.

Its also missing the music for when Sam visits his family oddly enough. (and the spoiler character scene from the end of episode 3)

I would suspect that the decisions about which Disney+ TV series get weekly episodic scores vs assembled highlight albums are more the composer's decision than the music label's decision

I would guess that for Season 1 Goransson was happy to release 8 minialbums every week, as he got to write full scores with new themes for all of them

For Season 2 probably because of the covid restrictions of having to do a blend of limited orchestral recordings w/ a lot of tracked music until the finally full orchestra finale, maybe he felt edited highlights best showcased his new work

For WandaVision maybe Beck was on board will the mini album idea, and with Falcon maybe Jackman liked this method more

That does make sense. Considering the length and feel of this show, it comes across more of a movie OST release.

The score is also entirely chronological this time.. except the endcredits theme is the first track, and the starter music for episode 2 (for the new cap) is used as the last track.

Was about to correct you on Alan Menken, didn't realise he wrote that! 

Also, after a full listen-through of the score, I'm mostly disappointed. I liked both TWS and Civil Wars' scores, but this doesn't tread a lot of new ground and I can't even pick a standout track at the moment. 

I kinda like the theme for the Flagsmashers, but thats mostly because it gets some nice development in the 4th episode.

On this album it only really plays in 'Take one for the team' while the rest of their music uses that threatening instrument I cant really place.

• 2 weeks later...

The final episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier was, well, pretty bad, but Jackman's score was great. Falcon's theme has some great performances. 

I wonder if and when they'll release the vol. 2 of the score.

2 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

Isn't Henry Jackman the guy who wrote the one bad X-Men score? 

Impossible, Hans Zimmer wrote one.

35 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

The final episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier was, well, pretty bad, but Jackman's score was great. Falcon's theme has some great performances. 

I thought the episode was great and the score just ok 

16 hours ago, Edmilson said:

It should be April 30.

15 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I thought the episode was great and the score just ok 

I found the both just good. Not extraordinary but quite enjoyable.

The only disappointment for me in that show is that the best scene is the beginning of episode 1 and they never succeed to make something as good as that even though episode 5 was the best IMO.

Episodes 4 & 5 (especially 5) were by far my favorites. The finale was a *bit* of a let-down, but I appreciated more of the character stuff in the second half. Jackman's score was consistently enjoyable and I'm glad he brought back material from Winter Soldier.

Yavar

I think episode 5 had exactly everything I loved about The Winter Soldier

But yeah I think the episode 6 would have benefit a more epic end specially after what we see in episode 1. [spoiler ahead]

Spoiler

the final chase in the city is really not the best way to show Sam in his best days (espacially as the oponents can't fly) and there wasn't a real chimical with Bucky to compensate that (like in episode 5) as the two are almost splited up the whole episode (from what I recall)

Anyway it felt good to see back this great duo, really one of my favourite of the MCU (after Tony/Cap and Luis/Ant-Man)

7 hours ago, Edmilson said:

This article pretty much sums up my thoughts about the show:

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier failed noble ambitions with limp storytelling: Review

That's a good review. I agree with much of it and can appreciate the validity of the rest. I'm not a huge Marvel enthusiast, so my perspective is different from many viewers', but I thought the show overall had interesting ideas that it didn't always execute very well. I particularly hated how uncomfortable I was with Sam's big speech - the filmmaking itself was just distractingly awkward for me, even though I loved the writing and the message. (And Mackie was killing it, per usual.)

I feel like everything to do with Karli was the biggest victim of Covid.

Though if the original plotline remained intact, I wonder if they would still have tried to keep her sympathetic.

12 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

The second album is released this friday. 26 tracks and 1 hour and 33 minutes long.

Where do you see this?

Lots of people have been posting good news information lately without providing a link to the source where they saw it, it's very annoying

Finnally out in NZ.

26 tracks: 1:00:59

1. Lousiana Hero (Reprise) 3:23

2. You're Free 1:59

3. Master Manipulator 1:04

4.Once More Into the Fray 2:53

5. Live Accordingly 1:52

6. Mêlée à Trois 1:04

7. A Losing Battle 1:05

8. Passacaglia 2:45

9. Relieved of Duty 2:26

10. Sokovian Memorial 1:57

11. Isaiah Bradley 3:42

12. Backstory 1:52

13. Real Partners 1:34

14. Home Truths 2:26

15. Opening Gambit 3:06

16. Leading the Charge 2:42

17. Flag Smasher Fight 1:47

18. Fall from Grace 3:03

19. Elegy 1:54

20. Captain America 3:28

21. An Unbalance Mind 2:12

22. Into the Tunnels 1:50

23. Making Amends 3:52

24. Never Forget 2:08

25. Epilogue 0:53

26. On and On 4:02 (by Curtis Harding)

Yeah looks like thats about a half hour shorter than 90 mins..

Episode 04 is also absolutely guttered in terms of coverage, which is a shame.

Yes this is why we request links to be provided with "news" like that.  People get disappointed by rumors and made up stuff that gets presented as real information.

I don't know if it has been edited but JNHfan2000 said it would last 1:00:33 so he was correct (well with few seconds less... :biglaugh:)

Anyway after the great presentations of Beck on WV, it is really disappointing to have so few music and like @MedigoScansaid it's really a shame specially for episode 4. I really think that episode 4 and 5 should have deserved a complete presentation. Maybe later...

Episode 6 didn't get off unscathed either. The first 3 big actionpieces being reduced to 3minute suites.

I am pretty sure that post also originally said 33 minutes, lol.

Then again I dont blame him, but whatever source he used, since he did get the 26 tracks correct.

4 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

I don't know if it has been edited but JNHfan2000 said it would last 1:00:33 so he was correct (well with few seconds less... :biglaugh:)

He edited it.  Look a few posts later to see MedigoScan's quote of the original version

Yeah, sorry my bad. I said minutes instead of seconds. Mixup on my part. Sorry. I will in the future share some links if I have anything new to announce.

And yeah, album's a bit of letdown. There are moments edited together in tracks. Not chronologic and some great music missing.

Especially episode 4. Some of the tracks from the beginning and the middle.

That said, I am glad the fight between Sam, Bucky & Walker + the Dora fight are in here.