Nicholas Britell - Cruella (2021)

Edmilson

Nicholas Britell (Moonlight, If Beale Street Could Talk, Succession, The Big Short, Vice) has recently been scoring Disney’s upcoming family comedy drama Cruella. The film is directed by Craig Gillespie (I, Tonya, Lars and the Real Girl, Million Dollar Arm) and stars Emma Stone, Emma Thompson, Joel Fry, Paul Walter Hauser and Mark Strong. The movie based on the character from Disney’s 101 Dalmations is set in 1970s London and centers on young fashion designer Cruella de Vil as she becomes obsessed with dogs’ skins, especially Dalmatians, until she eventually becomes a ruthless and terrifying legend.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2021/03/31/nicholas-britell-scoring-craig-gillespies-cruella/

If I'm not mistaken, this will be Britell's first blockbuster. 

Fascinating choice. There was the rumor that he was gonna do Scream 5, but I feel a project like this would probably transition him better to the mainstream (plus I'd rather that franchise keep being consistent with Beltrami at the helm).

If Beale Street Could Talk was decent when I watched the film and listened to the score, so I'm interested to see where he goes.

I've always thought Cruella de Vil is one of the best villain names of all time.

I'm curious about the score. I've never cared for Britell that much....at least not up untill SUCCESSION, which I loved - and reviewed here: http://celluloidtunes.no/succession-nicholas-britell/

• 1 month later...

OST album details:

image.png

1. Call me Cruella – Florence + The Machine (2:07)
2. Cruella – Disney Castle Logo (0:45)
3. The Baroque Ball (2:01)
4. The Most Dreadful Accident (1:18)
5. The Drive to London (1:36)
6. Red Hair Dye (0:24)
7. The Baroness Needs Looks (1:08)
8. I Think You’re Something (2:10)
9. Everything’s Going So Well (0:41)
10. The Necklace (1:33)
11. The Angle (1:10)
12. Surveillance (1:44)
13. I Like to Make an Impact (1:52)
14. Oh, That’s a Hybrid (1:43)
15. Revenge / Let’s Begin (3:38)
16. Putting the Dresses in the Safe (0:42)
17. Get It Open / Moths (1:50)
18. Oh, That’s Why You’re Peeved (2:47)
19. The True Story of Cruella’s Birth (1:55)
20. I’m Cruella (4:21)
21. A Great Tribute / She’s Here (3:45)
22. The Cliff (4:33)
23. She Jumped! (0:50)
24. Goodbye, Estella (1:51)
25. Call me Cruella (Instrumental Version) – Nicholas Britell & Florence + The Machine (2:06)
26. Orchestral Waltz (Bonus Track) (2:09

I listened to the score a few times, very good use of electric guitars and female voice in a few tracks, must be great with the movie, set in 1970's London, but not a very enjoyable listening experience isolated. Of course this can change after actually watch the movie.