BREAKING NEWS: JJ Abrams to "reconstruct, reimagine" Original Star Wars Trilogy, Isolated Scores

crumbs

I actually welcome a " reimagining" of JEDI.

First, dump the Death Star. We just saw this plot ( and will see it again!😵).

Second, have the search and rescue mission for Solo take up the entire film. Having it at the start removed all suspense. Moreover, Ford obviously had no interest in being there; give him his wish.

Scrap the " forest planet" which is about as exotic as a Hollywood backlot.

Get cracking, J.J.!😁

15 minutes ago, Datameister said:

The world's nations really should come together and decide on 24 hours during which the entire globe will simultaneously partake in this holiday.

It's Aussie time!😅

Screenshot_2021-03-31-22-49-56.png

23 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I actually welcome a " reimagining" of JEDI.

First, dump the Death Star. We just saw this plot ( and will see it again!😵).

Second, have the search and rescue mission for Solo take up the entire film. Having it at the start removed all suspense. Moreover, Ford obviously had no interest in being there; give him his wish.

Scrap the " forest planet" which is about as exotic as a Hollywood backlot.

Get cracking, J.J.!

Yes, and the party scene in Jabba's pallace could be generously be extended with singing and celebration parts from the holiday special.

Oh my God, this is great news!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! 

And today Spielberg announced he'll start shooting Indy V in July 2021. Let's hope JW is on board again!!! :D

10 hours ago, crumbs said:

PRESS RELEASE - WALT DISNEY PICTURE COMPANY, DISNEY+™ AND LUCASFILM LTD.™ (SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA)

Walt Disney Pictures, Disney+™ and Lucasfilm Ltd.™ are excited to announce that visionary director JJ Abrams is returning to the galaxy far, far away. Abrams has been commissioned to remaster and reconstruct the original Star Wars™ trilogy (Star Wars™: Star Wars™, Star Wars™: The Empire Strikes Back™, Star Wars™: Return of the Jedi™) in brand-new editions exclusive to Disney+™, finally integrating the Original Trilogy™ with the beloved Star Wars™ Sequel Trilogy™.

Reuniting with screenwriter Chris Terrio (Zack Snyder's Justice League), the pair wrote new dialogue to bridge the old with the new. "I said to Chris, 'man, this trilogy does a terrible job establishing context for Rise of Skywalker,'" recalls Abrams. "No mention of Palpatine's children, no hints about grandchildren... so many missed opportunities. Why shouldn't Rey's Song appear when the Emperor confronts Luke? We need to fix this!"

Abrams credits inspiration for the project to veteran Star Wars composer John Williams. "I remember John saying to me, 'JJ Baby, after what you've put me through, I wouldn't be surprised if you asked me to write new music for Empire next.' That was the light-bulb moment."

The acclaimed sound team from The Rise of Skywalker™ also return to remaster the iconic soundtracks, assembling immersive new Dolby Atmos mixes. "It never made sense that all the musical themes didn't exist in all of the films," muses Abrams. "Finally we can fix those mistakes." Disney+ subscribers can also enjoy isolated scores, further highlighting Abrams' new vision. "This will introduce a whole new generation to John's music. I'm even talking with Disney Records about releasing the new isolated scores on CD. Everyone's excited!"

While Williams could not be contacted for comment, he would undoubtedly approve. Abrams shares Williams' theoretical excitement. "At last, fans will appreciate my vision for the Skywalker Saga."

EXCLUSIVE: First clip from Abrams' newly remastered edition of Star Wars™: Return of the Jedi™:

The clip is just perfect! :lol::lol::lol:

23 hours ago, crumbs said:

Walt Disney Pictures, Disney+™ and Lucasfilm Ltd.™ are excited to announce that visionary director JJ Abrams is returning to the galaxy far, far away. Abrams has been commissioned to remaster and reconstruct the original Star Wars™ trilogy (Star Wars™: Star Wars™, Star Wars™: The Empire Strikes Back™, Star Wars™: Return of the Jedi™) in brand-new editions exclusive to Disney+™, finally integrating the Original Trilogy™ with the beloved Star Wars™ Sequel Trilogy™.

I actually hate this post JUST for the "Isolated Scores" part, since that's all I saw before clicking :eh:

Another thing to change about JEDI;

The idiot plot device of having the power source located on a distant planet AND neglecting to have a backup on the Death Star.

(And they repeated this idiocy in later films.)