Varese Sarabande Digital Release

And also all of these are available in lossless quality on Tidal which, I have to admit, is better than Spotify in many ways. Once my free membership expires in a couple of months I might switch permanently.

Karol

2 hours ago, crocodile said:

And also all of these are available in lossless quality on Tidal which, I have to admit, is better than Spotify in many ways.

In which ways? The last time I tested Tidal (beta user when it was named Wimp), the GUI was very messy and the PC application required a lot of CPU.

On 4/4/2021 at 1:45 PM, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

Two more addition:

Hearbeeps by John Williams

Rooster Cogburn (The Deluxe Edition) by Laurence Rosenthal

FYI Rooster Cogburn is Backlot (Universal) not V/S although the physical release was of course put out by V/S.

Same as with Conti's The Big Fix:

On 4/4/2021 at 1:43 PM, crocodile said:

And also all of these are available in lossless quality on Tidal which, I have to admit, is better than Spotify in many ways. Once my free membership expires in a couple of months I might switch permanently.

Karol

Apparently Spotify will be launching a lossless service soon.

https://www.theregister.com/2021/02/23/spotify_lossless_audio/

Other V/S digital releases that were previously Club physical releases:

13 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

FYI Rooster Cogburn is Backlot (Universal) not V/S although the physical release was of course put out by V/S.

My bad, I though it was VS as it was on their website

14 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Hopefully V/S will also release The Abyss, Air Force One and Die Hard 2 DEs digitally in the future.

My guess is that Air Force One shouldn't take too long. I think it's their latest deluxe edition release that hasn't been released digitally yet (at least if the chronology on their website is correct but I might be wrong on that one)

3 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

In which ways? The last time I tested Tidal (beta user when it was named Wimp), the GUI was very messy and the PC application required a lot of CPU.

There's more music on it, it offers lossless and high-res streaming.

Karol

26 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

More soundtracks?

No, exactly the same.

Oh and I believe artists get paid more if you stream it on there.

Karol

I would consider switching from Spotify to Tidal if there was a way I could migrate my (hundreds) of playlists there

Does Tidal have more stuff or is it just all the same? The only thing I really don't like about Spotify is how absurd the cache is after listening to a few songs or a single podcast. I have to constantly delete it.

My guess is that Dracula (The Deluxe Edition) and On Deadly Ground (The Deluxe Edition) should be next

Just now, Jurassic Shark said:

This one's been on Spotify for ages, then it disappeared, and now it's back again.

Strange things can happen...

• 2 weeks later...

Hopeful future releases:

The Abyss DE

Die Hard 2 DE

The 'Burbs DE

Predator 2 DE

Under Siege 2: Dark Territory DE

RoboCop 3 DE

On Deadly Ground DE

Starship Troopers DE

Chain Reaction DE

Along Came a Spider DE

Executive Decision DE

Enemy Mine DE

Lionheart DE (disappeared sometime last year from iTunes)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn, if I'd known Paycheck would be available this quickly on digital, I would have skipped the CD!

They also have U.S. Marshals and the 40th Anniversary Edition of The Omen for $12 each!

9 hours ago, mstrox said:

I suspect it’s not legit, hence the question - but if it is, there are a few things I’d jump on…

Why wouldn’t it be legit? Bandcamp has to make sure the users selling music on their platform are the legitimate license holders. Otherwise they could get sued.

2 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

Why wouldn’t it be legit? Bandcamp has to make sure the users selling music on their platform are the legitimate license holders. Otherwise they could get sued.

Because Varese themselves haven’t promoted it unlike all their other new digital ventures, because it’s missing a ton of Varese’s available digital releases, because it includes a lot of releases Varese either hasn’t or hasn’t been able to release digitally at this point (including one that just came out on CD like a week and a half ago), because the credits don’t include any relevant legal information (see below).  

21EC41DF-9AE6-4E72-8168-95EFFFE37EF0.jpeg

D7943DC5-47F1-4E7E-8AB4-B5E63E3796EE.jpeg

I’ve also seen tons of bootleg and illegally shared files on Bandcamp (although never any so bold as to use an actual label’s name).  Enough to ping my suspiciousness as well, hence my request for clarification.

I hope it is legit though!  There are a number of things here that I wouldn’t buy for $20+ on CD but would buy at this cheaper price.

Varese actually sells US Marshalls Deluxe digitally with a different cover than the CD version

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/u-s-marshals-the-deluxe-edition

vs

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/u-s-marshals

Same with Air Force One

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/u-s-marshals-the-deluxe-edition

vs

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/air-force-one-the-deluxe-edition-digital-album

I have no idea if that bandcamp setup is them or a scammer, but there's a thread about it on FSM too so if it is not legit presumably Varese knows about it by now

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=144280&forumID=1&archive=0

I guess it was a fake setup after all, as it's now gone. 

I wonder how much money the scammer made. 

Wow, that's a really ambitious scam! I'm a bit surprised that it happened so easily, but I suppose that given Bandcamp has a lot of independent artists, they may not have a Twitter-style verification process when an established company comes along.

• 3 weeks later...

Would anyone be able and willing to scan in hi-res and post some of the back inlays for these releases? I saw Jay posted the back inlay for The Matrix on FSM. V/S used to post these on their site back in the day, not sure why they don't anymore.

wTOQkcg.png

• 1 month later...

Strange that Gia's Treks are available to purchase in hi-res from V/S but only Into Darkness is available to purchase in lossy format on iTunes.

Actually, is any of this Hi-Res, or did the marketing get confused here? Because in other digital storefronts, it's just regular CD quality. So unless they're exclusive to the VS's website, this seems a bit much for mere downloads of albums.

It's all 16/44.1. The Facebook post is worded poorly. The actual links never say "high res", just "Downloads include choice of MP3, WAV, or FLAC" 

https://www.varesesarabande.com/collections/digital-albums