Varese Sarabande Digital Release

21 minutes ago, Indianagirl said:

Where do you find Hi Res soundtracks?

You can buy them at online storefronts like:

HDTracks

Qobuz

7digital

ProStudioMasters

You can also stream a select few on Tidal, Apple Music and I want to say Amazon.

T

2 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

You can buy them at online storefronts like:

HDTracks

Qobuz

7digital

ProStudioMasters

You can also stream a select few on Tidal, Apple Music and I want to say Amazon.

Thanks!

On 8/22/2021 at 10:28 PM, Jay said:

It's all 16/44.1. The Facebook post is worded poorly. The actual links never say "high res", just "Downloads include choice of MP3, WAV, or FLAC" 

https://www.varesesarabande.com/collections/digital-albums

Yep, seems like a fail on Varese's part.  Just saw this comment on their Facebook announcement...

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just add it to the main post. Thanks @JTWfan77 for helping me to keep the thread updated

I've decided to hide the spotify links because the page was loading kind of slowly, now it should be easier

You don't have to use spoiler blocks. 

There are two alternatives. 

One is that after you paste a Spotify link in and it turns it into an embed, simply click the bar that shows up at the bottom of the text editor that says "Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead" and that will undo the embed and make it a plain link. 

Two is to simply click the link icon (the chain link image) in the top of the text editor and paste the link into that popup box and then click "insert into post", and it will go into the post directly as a link without ever attempting to convert to an embed. 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

@May the Force be with You

Maybe we should create similar threads for Quartet, BuySoundtrax and LLL?

Great adds, I was waiting for them for a while now thanks for the remain I'll add them to the main post

I was hovering about doing one for Quartet, not really familliar with the Buy Soundtrax releases though and I've already done one for LLL right here

So four new adds to the main post:

Two tracks from the single of the future digital release of the Crow (The Deluxe Edition):

and three new Basil Poledouris entry (link above thanks to @JTWfan77)

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder whether The Crow's digital release was easier to sort than most, given how quickly it appeared in relation to the CD?

I massively appreciate that Varese does digital versions for most of their DEs, but there always seems to be a delay of roughly a batch, i.e. when the next two titles come out on CD, the last batch's digital release is around that time. Is this due to more complex licensing for digital releases which takes time to sort, or a period to focus just on CD sales?

I fully appreciate that possibly no one here knows the answer... I'm pondering out loud. I bought Dreamcatcher after hearing the entire score on Spotify. An ideal world (which again, is not always possible) would see new DEs on Spotify at the same time to temporarily satisfy shipping waits, and allow potential buyers a chance to listen first.

Totally agree with you, I know that I wouldn't have think to buy Paycheck if I hadn't listen to it first

By the way I think that if The Crow came that fast it's because it already had been release in vinyl before, but that's just speculations

4 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

I bought Dreamcatcher after hearing the entire score on Spotify. 

3 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

I know that I wouldn't have think to buy Paycheck if I hadn't listen to it first

Let this be a shining testament to why music streaming is good, especially for film scores! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

3 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

Still no sign of Love Field from Goldsmith but an old OOP expansion just reappered for our great pleasure:

Executive Decision (The Deluxe Edition)

There's still hope for The Abyss: DE and Predator 2: DE and Starship Troopers: DE then!! :D

Don't forget Chain Reaction ;)

I've just finished to update the main post, it now also contains the youtube link for those who prefer to listen to it this way and the release date of each movies/series. The Intrada thread will get the same treatment later, same for LLL and Quartet when I'll have more time.

Your youtube link for Matrix Complete accidentally points to Matrix Deluxe

Also, not sure if this may interest you or not, but I recently learned that if you change the "www" in a youtube URL to "music", you get a much better, more music-focused interface

IE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88wUbkRo2jk&list=OLAK5uy_mxxh06xj22NkBLpsG0K_TEmLJ2G-_Hw7k

vs

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=88wUbkRo2jk&list=OLAK5uy_mxxh06xj22NkBLpsG0K_TEmLJ2G-_Hw7k

And if you click on albums in that interface, you get a better URL that links to the album without auto-starting the first track:

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kNnbk65nRFkOzSk61iQpjRmBLg4vfsuzo

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Your youtube link for Matrix Complete accidentally points to Matrix Deluxe

Also, not sure if this may interest you or not, but I recently learned that if you change the "www" in a youtube URL to "music", you get a much better, more music-focused interface

IE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88wUbkRo2jk&list=OLAK5uy_mxxh06xj22NkBLpsG0K_TEmLJ2G-_Hw7k

vs

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=88wUbkRo2jk&list=OLAK5uy_mxxh06xj22NkBLpsG0K_TEmLJ2G-_Hw7k

And if you click on albums in that interface, you get a better URL that links to the album without auto-starting the first track:

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kNnbk65nRFkOzSk61iQpjRmBLg4vfsuzo

Fixed, thanks for noticing this.

Didn't know about the "music" trick, I don't mind the usual presentation but this one is kinda interresting

Also one new addition:

Fedora (Varèse Encore) by Miklós Rózsa (youtube link)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice!! I was hoping this would happen, so I can buy it legally and make my own edit (and not end up with a CD that I never play, due to the various issues). Looks like 7digital is the cheapest lossless download, at least in the US, at $20.49:

https://us.7digital.com/artist/john-powell/release/the-bourne-identity-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-20th-anniversary-tumescent-edition-22930616?f=20%2C19%2C12%2C16%2C17%2C9%2C2

Not seeing it in high-res so far.

On 28/08/2022 at 11:17 AM, May the Force be with You said:

New addition (and a great one if I may):

I just noticed this today and gave it a listen on Spotify...'fraid it gave me a headache. I enjoy Supremacy and Ultimatum but this one I just don't get.

Powell's first Bourne is probably more interesting as a historical document of a specific time (and the billion things its action music influenced) than as a score one would or could listen to nowadays. The third one does all the same stuff but with much more finesse. A bit like the ways Evolution sounds a bit amateurish in its handle on the orchestra etc.

Given we're a year on, looks like Love Field and Dante's Peak aren't getting digital releases for whatever reason. I'm assuming that the Varese guys would like to make everything available that they can so there must be some issue... oh well.

18 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Given we're a year on, looks like Love Field and Dante's Peak aren't getting digital releases for whatever reason. I'm assuming that the Varese guys would like to make everything available that they can so there must be some issue... oh well.

Yes, it's puzzling. I also note that the only Fox title that got a digital revisit was Volcano: DE, so it seems Abyss, Die Hard 2, Enemy Mine, Predator 2, Chain Reaction and other Fox titles are gone for good for those that aren't willing to shell out a house payment to get them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/03/2023 at 6:00 PM, thestat said:

What is up with Love FIeld? I keep awaiting that to pop up....everything else is out but not this, nor Chain Reaction....Is it a studio thing perhaps?

Probably, or just has to do with the specific “fine print” of Varese’s original perpetuity deals from the 90s. Remember their Silvestri batch released last year, with DEs of Death Becomes Her and Tomb Raider 2 released on CD at the same time? The latter was also released (simultaneously!) for streaming, while the former still hasn’t been (and also the CD edition of it sold out in a matter of months!)

Yavar

6 hours ago, thestat said:

What is up with Love FIeld? I keep awaiting that to pop up....everything else is out but not this, nor Chain Reaction....Is it a studio thing perhaps?

A lot of the earlier Fox titles have not been released digitally, only Volcano for some reason was made available. I keep hoping for a digital release of The Abyss DE.

I used to think that all their digital releases essentially lagged by a batch but once we were into early 2022 it started to be clear that Love Field and Dante's Peak weren't coming, so evidentally they can't do unlimited digital/streaming for all their club releases.

And that's a real shame as I see it as a way for those albums to live on after the CD pressings have sold out and the collectors have had their fill. To think that once Dante's Peak sells out, the only product available to buy, once again, is the horror show of an OST.