Varese Sarabande Digital Release

And things like Lionheart: DE (the one that combines Vols. 1&2 of the OST but does not have the bonus tracks on the latest physical release) and Joe vs the Volcano: BWE were previously available digitally but are now gone.

2 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

And things like Lionheart: DE (the one that combines Vols. 1&2 of the OST but does not have the bonus tracks on the latest physical release) and Joe vs the Volcano: BWE were previously available digitally but are now gone.

Tangential query, was the Joe vs the Volcano: BWE worth getting? I didn't as I have the prior release (which seems absolutely fine to me). Clearly I missed the BWE, but am now curious none the less!

31 minutes ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Tangential query, was the Joe vs the Volcano: BWE worth getting? I didn't as I have the prior release (which seems absolutely fine to me). Clearly I missed the BWE, but am now curious none the less!

Not sure, but I can kick myself for not picking either of them up digitally when they were available.

• 4 months later...

Hm, it looks like The Final Conflict (The Deluxe Edition) is no longer available (at least in the US) for streaming or purchase… I was hoping to grab it on Qobuz; I wonder what happened.

I seem to remember that being one of Robert Townson's titles under the Masters Film Music banner, so that would make sense. Most or all of the others disappeared some time ago.

Ah, I see. Kicking myself that I just got into the score recently, lol. (I’m in a Goldsmith phase right now.) Seems I was just a year or two too late. I noticed you mentioned Lionheart disappeared as well; was that also Masters Film Music, or no?

14 hours ago, Tydirium said:

Ah, I see. Kicking myself that I just got into the score recently, lol. (I’m in a Goldsmith phase right now.) Seems I was just a year or two too late. I noticed you mentioned Lionheart disappeared as well; was that also Masters Film Music, or no?

I believe so, but I would need to check to be sure. I'm still mad at myself for not getting that when it was available.

Yeah but since Varese was able to release a new (further expanded) edition of Lionheart on CD, clearly they also have some rights to the title. Maybe the Masters Film Music involvement somehow limits their ability to distribute digitally though (or maybe it has something to do with which studio owns a title... after all Death Becomes Her wasn't Masters Film Music.) Fingers crossed that new (finally fully complete) CD edition of The Final Conflict can come, eventually.

Yavar