Action-Music Course - Lessons 1-3

Ludwig

• 2 weeks later...

I just managed to watch the lesson 1 preview!

It seems really interesting @Ludwig.

I haven't ever enrolled in an online course.

How is it done?

Do i get a download link of your videos and I save it to my computer to watch whenever I like and how many times I like?

Sorry if it's a silly question.

16 hours ago, InTheCity said:

So I guess thats a no, well you are still treading on "his good will" without compensating him. I'd be careful legally

The avoidance of this issue is all clarified in the course description. The Lesson 1 preview on the website demonstrates how this is all put together.

On 4/5/2021 at 7:04 AM, Ludwig said:

Please Note:

To avoid copyright infringement, this course contains no score excerpts or audio from John Williams' film scores. Students are directed to find and listen to soundtrack excerpts while the course content consists of:

1. Music theory connecting the techniques to be discussed

2. Analysis describing the techniques behind Williams excerpts

3. Composition tutorials applying the techniques to original compositions, and

4. Composition exercises comprising abstract scales, chords, and original music

16 hours ago, InTheCity said:

So I guess thats a no, well you are still treading on "his good will" without compensating him. I'd be careful legally

As long as he isn't using John's music verbatim, he isn't doing anything legally questionable, and therefore wouldn't be able to get in any legal trouble. 

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

You need to be more specific, or else I'd say the $850/hr wasn't worth it.

He's a Los Angeles attorney who deals exclusively with unusual clearances for big clients like WB & Fox.  He is literally THE source on these types of things, the most experienced and senior legal reference on the topic in the industry.  The general legal precedence is as I stated: "if you make money by treading on someone's good will (name) with out compensating them you are open to legal action"  You must have permission ahead of time, or secure some type of clearance.

I'd add be especially careful using Disney/Fox's IP - they are EXTREMELY litigious (and probably for good reason)