Thoughts on Blake Neely's scores for the Arrowverse series  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best?

• Arrow
    • The Flash
    • Supergirl
    • Legends Of Tomorrow
    • Batwoman

Honestly I've never really listened to any of them. I saw the two first seasons of Flash and Arrow before it's bored me and from what I recall the Flash had the best score between those two. I'll maybe try to listen to them once before voting here.

I've never listened to these scores and never had the tiniest inkling to check them out, or the shows themselves

But his score to The Flight Attendant is super fun!

I've only seen The Flash until season 4, a few episodes of Arrow and of Legends of Tomorrow. The former had a fun theme and a decent score (which I believe it wasn't written by Neely for the most part).

I remember liking the score for the pilot of LoT as well.

• 1 year later...
On 07/04/2021 at 11:12 AM, JNHFan2000 said:

Which of the scores is the best and why?

Ressurecting this just to say Crisis on Earth-X. There's a lot to love about Crisis on Infinite Earths too, but I think Earth-X is just a great celebration of the thematic catalogue and sounds of that universe.

Crisis on Earth-X is my favorite Crisis soundtrack from this verse! After this one the score for ALL shows weakened a lot, imo. 

Everything before this was amazing! But it sounds a lot like the composers lost their touch (or just got sick of the shows like the rest of us, lol) 

I've listenned to all of the scores since last time I posted and I have to say that the Legends of Tomorrow scores are pretty fun especially the later season. Supergirl and The Flash are pretty nice too but sadly they all sound to electronic. I think they would all benefit from a re-recording with a bigger orchestra

I love the Arrowverse music. Don't know which Show's Score I like the most because each Show started musically very strong and got weaker over the years. I consider Arrow 1, Flash 1, Supergirl 1, Legends 1&2 and Crisis on Earth-X/infinite Earths to be the best releases.

But all of them suffer from bad orchestral samples or too small real orchestras, the new post 2020 releases aditionally suffer heavely from bad sequencing/presentation because WaterTower Music forced Blake Neely to not include more than 15 Tracks (Legends is the most noticable due to very short and very different cues just smashed together).

The older releases that got the LLL treatment are MUCH better not only because of more tracks, but also because theire not 100% chronological like the new ones.

23 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

Supergirl and The Flash are pretty nice too but sadly they all sound to electronic.

Supergirl is the only one that bothers me, the difference between the 7 tracks with a live recording in Season 1 and everything else is night and day, the brass sounds extremelly fake, and Daniel James Chan's writing for them can't really shine, reminds me of David Glen Russell in Clone Wars land. I think the other shows sound better, mostly because they are not really trying to sound that orchestral.

Not much of a Neely fan - I loved his The Keepers score that he put out on his website and would love to know who collaborated with him on that. Wonder why that was not released as he seems to put out anything with his name on it.