Don Davis' THE MATRIX (1999) - 2021 Complete Edition by Varese Sarabande (2xCD / 2xSACD / 3xLP)

Jay

Full tracklist from the official press release, posted to FSM by @Erik Woods

Side A
1 Logos / The Matrix Main Title
2 Trinity Infinity
3 Neo Con Brio
4 Follow The White Rabbit
5 Neo On The Edge
6 Through The Surveillance Monitor
7 Unable To Speak
8 Bait And Switch

Side B
1 Switched For Life
2 Switched At Birth
3 Switches Brew
4 Cold Hearted Switch
5 Nascent Nauseous Neo
6 A Morpheus Movement
7 Bow Whisk Orchestra

Side C
1 Domo Showdown
2 Switch Or Break Show
3 Shake, Borrow, Switch
4 Switch Works Her Boa
5 Bring Me Dinner
6 The System
7 Freeze Face
8 Switch Woks Her Boar
9 Cypher Cybernetic
10 Ignorance Is Bliss / Cyber Cyphernetic
11 See Who?
12 Switch Out

Side D
1 Boon Spy
3 Oracle Cookies
4 Threat Mix
5 Exit Mr. Hat
6 On Your Knees, Switch

Side E
1 Mix The Art
2 Whoa, Switch Brokers
3 The Cure
4 It’s The Smell
5 The Lobby
6 No More Spoons
7 Dodge This
8 Fast Learning
9 Ontological Shock

Side F
1 That’s Gotta Hurt
2 Surprise
3 He’s The One Alright

Erik, can you confirm the press release skips over Side D, track 2 and it wasn't a copy/paste error?

Either Side D only has 5 tracks (not 6), or the overall release has 45 tracks (not 44) - both can't be true

I am pretty sure the press release has a major typo, and Side D should indeed only have 5 tracks

If you compare the new album to the old composer promo and/or the sheet music book, everything is included on the new release; there is no known music that would go in between "Boon Spoy" and "Oracle Cookies"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a6O7S8txNoETkuSihPuOBZfFCQEtdaVStJBBUZ4xWZg

I can't imagine a world where this doesn't get a Club CD release sometime this fall/winter (I'm sure they'll let it only exist on vinyl for at least the entire summer)

The old composer promo should match the sheet music book

Well, other than "The System", "Ignorance Is Bliss", and "See, Who?" which were not on the promo and finally debut (outside of the isolated score) here

I don't have the promo, but I have my rip of the iso score. But I don't think I can listen to that anymore, because I probably still have too many of the volume corrections memorised. In any case it's high time for an official release of the proper Trinity Infinity.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I am pretty sure the press release has a major typo, and Side D should indeed only have 5 tracks

I emailed the PR agency since I also got their email:

It’s just a numbering issue, there should only be 5 tracks on side D.

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I emailed the PR agency since I also got their email:

It’s just a numbering issue, there should only be 5 tracks on side D.

THANK YOU!

4 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Three discs for ONE film?!

Has this ever happened before?

Yes?

9 hours ago, Jay said:

Glitter-Infused Green vinyl

Effin' finally. It's everything I've been waiting for. :sarcasm:

Can we please, please, please, please get a CD version of this expansion?!?!

Does anyone know if Mike was involved in producing/mastering this release?

7 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

So, this is the first expansion?

No.  It was already expanded to a single-disc Deluxe Edition in 2008.  

http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/title/9799/

7 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

And it's on vinyl only?

For now anyway, yea

I only got the old score-only OST a few years back. Content with that, as you would expect. It's all very intense stuff, so the 30-minute playing time offers just the right amount before my brain explodes. ;)

But this new vinyl set looks like a great "display item".

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

I only got the old score-only OST a few years back. Content with that, as you would expect. It's all very intense stuff, so the 30-minute playing time offers just the right amount before my brain explodes. ;)

But this new vinyl set looks like a great "display item".

The OST has a very good program and I prefer it as well.

I'd forgotten how short the OST was - I felt it was missing cool moments like the 'jump' program scene and the karate scene. And of course the infamous Ontological Shock microedit, which I can only imagine was done to keep the album under 30 mins? (makes as much microediting sense as Rescuing Sarah)

I think he could have crafted a really cracking 45 minute or 60 minute score album if given the chance - the 30 minute version is missing too much great stuff.

I do enjoy the entire 100 minute score (and look forward to hearing the whole thing professionally mastered and with the 3 cues we never had before), but I can see how many would prefer a shorter highlights edit.

As much as I do like the score, I think Reloaded and Revolutions are more consistently good from start to finish

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

As much as I do like the score, I think Reloaded and Revolutions are more consistently good from start to finish

I primarily dig the Juno Reactor bits in these (both when it plays along with Davis, and when it's not), but yeah -- overall, I might prefer them more too.

12 hours ago, crocodile said:

I wouldn't worry. No chance they are skipping the CD release. This announcement doesn't mention it because CDs have nothing to do with this event. They know we want it.

Yes. It wasn't clear to me from the bits quoted above that 12 June is Record Store Day, I only found that out afterwards.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I think he could have crafted a really cracking 45 minute or 60 minute score album if given the chance - the 30 minute version is missing too much great stuff.

I do enjoy the entire 100 minute score (and look forward to hearing the whole thing professionally mastered and with the 3 cues we never had before), but I can see how many would prefer a shorter highlights edit.

Probably. I'm sure I could handle the loss of some minor cues in exchange for no micro edits.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Depending on what music mood I'm in, I find Matrix or Reloaded more exciting. The Omni release has given me a new appreciation for the relative single-mindedness of the first score. But Revolutions was always the just solid, not really that interesting runt of the litter for me.

• 2 months later...