John Williams returns for Indiana Jones 5

TownerFan

3 hours ago, blondheim said:

"Let me introduce you to the actor playing you. Harrison!"

He shakes hands with himself.

End credits.

Brilliant! 

• 2 months later...

It is expected JW will write and record The Fabelmans score starting sometime late this year or early next year, finishing up his duties to that film before his big Carnegie Hall night in April 2022, then write and record the Indiana Jones 5 score after Carnegie Hall, before that film opens in July 2022

I don't have a Twitter account but it could be worth asking Mangold on Twitter that exact question. I suspect JW will watch the first cut whenever it's ready early next year.

April seems a bit late IMO, but they were also delayed 3 months due to Ford's injury. Can he really write and record an Indiana Jones score in only 3 months at his age? 

If he starts Fabelmans this year I doubt it'd take him all the way until April. Depending how much music is needed he could conceivably have that done before he even turns 90. 

Mangold and Spielberg may also have a plan like when Abrams blocked out time during TFA for Williams to do Bridge of Spies. Obviously that didn't work out but he could start Indy end of this year then take some weeks off. And yeah depends when Fabelmans is coming out, if it's well after Indy's release (unlike when BoS needed to be done before TFA) maybe Spielberg can be more flexible and wait it out. 

6 hours ago, Jay said:

It is expected JW will write and record The Fabelmans score starting sometime late this year or early next year, finishing up his duties to that film before his big Carnegie Hall night in April 2022, then write and record the Indiana Jones 5 score after Carnegie Hall, before that film opens in July 2022

JW is scoring that new Spielberg movie? I didn't know that was confirmed, all I had read that people were hoping he would. That's a nice surprise!

I don't see Mangold doing a legacy music-only temp-track thing like TLJ.

There would of course be plenty quotes from the other scores but I imagine Mangold would want to establish some kind of new musical stamp on the movie in some way

5 hours ago, crumbs said:

Yes! But depends what locations they visit I guess. None of the scenes shot so far really lend itself to that type of scoring. 

My thinking as well...however, seeing a train on set is a good sign:whistle:

2 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

I'm not completely opposed to temp tracks, just look at how effective that was for something like Prisoner of Azkaban (Rossini's La Gazza Ladra was clearly the temp for "Aunt Marge's Waltz") or movies like Star Wars and Home Alone - brilliant pieces from the classical canon that JW used as a launching pad for wonderful new music. 

:up::up::up::up::up:

52 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

I genuinely think everyone who works with him now is too reverential to the man. Challenge him! Tell him what to do! Bring out some of that "iron fist in a velvet glove" fire from his golden era! He'll nail it!

Yeah, that's my feeling too.