John Williams returns for Indiana Jones 5

TownerFan

Every time JW is assigned to a major franchise film, Spielberg releases a film around the same time.

This is the way.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Unpopular opinion: I care more about a new Indy score more than another Spielberg drama score.

I really don’t think this is the unpopular opinion even here.  The minority are just particularly vocal ;) 

I'm not worried about John Williams, but when this movie opens, Ford will be 80 years old... Wow. I wonder what kind of a globe-trotting adventure he'll be sent off to. 😂

Also wonder whether Shia will be involved again. 

Statement from Mangold. 

“I’m thrilled to be starting a new adventure, collaborating with a dream team of all-time great filmmakers,” director James Mangold said in a statement. “Steven, Harrison, Kathy, Frank, and John are all artistic heroes of mine. When you add Phoebe, a dazzling actor, brilliant creative voice and the chemistry she will undoubtedly bring to our set, I can’t help but feel as lucky as Indiana Jones himself.”

Steven, Harrison, Kathy, Frank, and John are all artistic heroes of mine

I'lll believe that if JW is presented with a near finish cut (wishful thinking) AND can go through a real spotting session with the director AND if Mangold does tweak its film to death to the point where JW score is destroyed to pieces :D 

In any case, I'm happy the maestro gets to finish this saga.

I KNEW IT! Not surprised, but still nice to have official confirmation. Hopefully the Maestro will also be able to score Steven Spielberg’s next film in addition to Indy V, especially considering how personal that next film is. Very awesome and totally exciting!

2 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Plus Indy films are traditionally much less VFX heavy than Star Wars,

...provided Ford pleases to go out his door.

Looking at you, Call of the Wild.

And KOCS.

Phoebe Waller Bridge is literally the only thing of interest there for me, she is fantastic. But meh overall I'm afraid. I have no doubt they'll waste her.

Williams will provide a reliably serviceable but wholly unexciting score, possibly even his last.

29 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

That's the best news of the month!!!

Can't wait for this....

John Williams compondrá la BSO de 'Indiana Jones 5'

Even if Spielberg isn't on the project but who knows he might still come back with a lot of luck

Spielberg is still involved with Indy V. He is a producer for the film. Similar to how he was a producer for Memoirs of a Geisha.

24 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

If you'd told me that in the span of 10 years, Williams would be working with the likes of Rian Johnson, JJ Abrams, and James Mangold, I would have called you crazy. It's so neat that Williams has gotten to spend what could have easily been his retirement era working with an entirely new generation of filmmakers that have all come to dominate the industry in different ways. 

Well said.

I believe this will be the first time since Jaws 2 that Williams will score a Spielberg franchise with a different director, correct?

Also, perhaps Phoebe Waller-Bridge's character will be a descendant of Marcus Brody?

30 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Williams will provide a reliably serviceable but wholly unexciting score, possibly even his last.

Perhaps PWB will be his new Daisy Ridley?