Which upcoming work excites you the most?

Tom

Of the confirmed Williams projects, to which are you most looking forward?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Of the confirmed Williams projects, to which are you most looking forward?

• Violin Concerto
    • Piano Prelude
    • Fanfare for Hollywood Bowl and Promenade piece for VPO
    • Indy V

Of the 100% confirmed works.  I have combined to the two celebratory pieces to give them a fighting chance.  There also might be the percussion piece and the new Spielberg movie, but the first one seems unlikely and the second is TBD.  

I am excited about all of the confirmed works, but Indy is at the bottom of the list.  I think the violin concerto could really be special.  I think he probably poured his heart and soul into the VPO piece.  What fascinates me about the piano prelude is whether this becomes a 20 minutes unified piece inclusive of the scherzo.  If so, I wonder if he has reworked the scherzo to bring it in line with the prelude. 

This is really a hard choice. I am confident that the Indy score will be marvelous. But I am a little anxious, looking at what JJ made out of his Rise of Skywalker efforts. So, I am rather looking forward to something where the Maestro has all the freedom he deserves. And I consider his first violin concerto still his best concert hall work apart from film.

Hmmmm....

After hearing the SW sequels and INDY IV I wonder if INDY V holds any surprises.

I REALLY hope he breaks out of the mold and comes up with a fresh sound.

Maybe, a new director will push him a bit.

Why are the Fanfare for Hollywood Bowl and Promenade piece for VPO combined into one poll choice?

On 4/11/2021 at 2:59 AM, Tom said:

I have combined to the two celebratory pieces to give them a fighting chance. 

9 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Hmmmm....

After hearing the SW sequels and INDY IV I wonder if INDY V holds any surprises.

I REALLY hope he breaks out of the mold and comes up with a fresh sound.

Maybe, a new director will push him a bit.

You expect a 90 year old man, all time Oscar nominee, who got hired for part 5 of a series because he's established the sound of all previous parts, to "break out of the mold" and get "pushed a bit"?