Next from Omni Music Publishing: James Horner's "Sneakers"

https://www.facebook.com/OmniMusicPublishing/posts/2884740535070843

(Won't embed. No more information than "coming soon" and a link to the main title on YouTube)

Sneakers?

Orchestral with plenty of banging piano for tension. Has nice solos from Branford Marsalis on sax.

and don’t forget the Vaughan-Williams quote...

Krull, Cocoon, An American Tail, The Land Before Time, The Rocketeer, Legends of the Fall, Braveheart, Apollo 13.  Nope.  Sneakers.

I’ll still pick it up.  Probably not the first day available, but eventually.

It's my favourite Horner score, and incidentially I was frequently reminded of it when I got Omni's Matrix release - there's quite a bit of Sneakers-y stuff in the Davis score. Must buy.

10 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

??????!#!###!!!!!!!

Wasn't this a pretty synth score?

To paraphrase the film:

Uh, Bruce, I hate to tell you this, but you're deaf.

Do I remember correctly that you got it signed during our meeting with Horner, Marian?

Yes, it's a great score (for a film that holds up reasonably well....untill the silly finale, at least). Alas, I would have no use for sheet music, as I can't read it, but a neat thing to own, I suppose.

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Companion complete audio album would be great! 

Indeed, watched the movie the other day and it's full of unreleased music. <3 

I love James' crashing pianos and Sneakers is full of it but I'm wondering how interesting the orchestral score might actually be. Take a look at this action cue from Titanic:

“triplet improv. by James“

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-15 um 16.52.06.png

8 hours ago, Thor said:

Do I remember correctly that you got it signed during our meeting with Horner, Marian?

sneakers_signed

"Bad wishes - Jeff"

Yes, it's a great score (for a film that holds up reasonably well....untill the silly finale, at least). Alas, I would have no use for sheet music, as I can't read it, but a neat thing to own, I suppose.

I love the finale! "Tahiti is not in Europe" is the best line from the only film that's as quotable as Lebowski.

8 hours ago, Thor said:

It was so.good until the finale. Kingsley, who had been so obsessive about  security ,all of a sudden decides not to take the device with him ?

Gimme a break!

😒

2 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

It was so.good until the finale. Kinsley, who had been so protective,all of a sudden decides to leave the burglars by themselves

😒

Again… what are you talking about??

It's easy to criticise the film for its completely misguided conception of IT security (think generic Trek, where everyone speaks their passwords out loud and any high security system can be bypassed by opening a panel, but turned up to 11). But the film is so charming in turning a technical concept into its MacGuffin that it somehow doesn't matter at all.

• 1 month later...

Per title: https://omnimusicpublishing.com/product/james-horner-sneakers-full-orchestral-score/

No e-mail announcement, just checked the website and there it was.

Ordered.

Didn't care for the default shipping to super-duper express for $40+.