What John Williams-scored films have you seen?

mstrox

What John Williams-scored films have you seen?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. It begins

• The Rise of Skywalker
    • The Post
    • The Last Jedi
    • The BFG
    • The Force Awakens
    • The Book Thief
    • Lincoln
    • WAR HORSE
    • The Adventures of Tintin
    • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    • Munich
    • Memoirs of a Geisha
    • War of the Worlds
    • Revenge of the Sith
    • The Terminal
    • Hrry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    • Minority Report
    • Attack of the Cones
    • Harry Potter and the...Stone
    • AI Artifical Intelligence
    • The Patriot
    • Angela's Ashes
    • The Phantom Menace
  2. 2. part 2

3. 3. round three

4. 4. FOUR

• Earthquake
    • The Sugarland express
    • Conrack
    • Cinderella Liberty
    • The long goodbye
    • The paper chase
    • The Man who loved cat dancing
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Images
    • The Poseidon adventure
    • The cowboys
    • Pete n tillie
    • Fiddler on the roof
    • storia di una donna
    • The Reivers
    • Goodbye mr chips
    • Daddy’s gone a hunting
    • Sergeant ryker
    • Valley of the dolls
    • A guide for the married man
    • The plainsman
    • Penelope
    • Not with my wife you don’t
    • How to steal a million
    • None of these
  5. 5. and it goes on like this

• The rare breed
    • The Katherine Reed story
    • John goldfarb please come home
    • None but the brave
    • The killers
    • Gidget goes to rome
    • Diamond head
    • Bachelor flat
    • Stark fear
    • The secret ways
    • Because they’re young
    • I passed for white
    • Daddy-o
    • None here

1st part - I've seen all of these except Angela's Ashes

2nd part - I've seen all of these except Stepmom, Sleepers, Nixon, Sabrina, Presumed Innocent, Always, BO4J, and Accidental Tourist

3rd part - I've seen all of these except The River, Monsignor, Heartbeeps, Jaws 2, The Fury, Black Sunday, Midway, Missouri Breaks, Family Plot, Towering Inferno, Earthquake, Conrack

4th part - I've only seen How To Steal A Million

5th part - I have not seen any of these

EDIT: Well, crap, I cannot submit my vote, because I haven't seen anything for the 5th question

You have to change this around to provide a "i have not seen any of these" in each section.  I can't submit the way you have it

I added a “none” to the last three groups.  If you have not seen something in the top three groups, god help us but I don’t feel like retyping all of those polls.  @Not Mr. Bigi shuffled things around in the bottom three groups so you may need to resubmit

22 minutes ago, Thor said:

I’ve seen all of them. But I’m not crossing off each and every box.

Party pooper!  I had to type them all, many of them twice!

5 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I added a “none” to the last three groups.  If you have not seen something in the top three groups, god help us but I don’t feel like retyping all of those polls.  @Not Mr. Bigi shuffled things around in the bottom three groups so you may need to resubmit

I love Stark Fear!!

Hmm you have a lot of lowercase now - did you retype movie names?  You could have ctrl-X, ctrl-Ved them into the new cells

1st part - I've seen all of these except Angela's Ashes

2nd part - I've seen all of these except Stepmom, Seven Years In Tibet, Sleepers, Nixon, Sabrina, Presumed Innocent, Always, BO4J, and Accidental Tourist

3rd part - I've seen all of these except The River, Monsignor, Heartbeeps, Jaws 2, The Fury, Black Sunday, Midway, Missouri Breaks, Family Plot, Towering Inferno

4th part - I've only seen The Sugarland Express and How To Steal A Million 

5th part - I have not seen any of these

I do plan on seeing all of these eventually, and have started to pick up some of them on blu ray here and there (Cowboys, Conrack, Cinderella Liberty)

Just now, Jay said:

Hmm you have a lot of lowercase now - did you retype movie names?  You could have ctrl-X, ctrl-Ved them into the new cells

I’m on mobile, so copy/paste would have been much worse.  I opted for fast, and I’ll pretty it up sometime.

Tier 1: The only movies I haven't seen are only Memoirs of a Geisha and Angela's Ashes.

Tier 2: I watched most of the blockbusters, but not stuff like Seven Years in Tibet, Rosewood, Nixon, Sabrina, Presumed Innocent, Stanley and Iris... The only non-blockbuster Williams scored movie from that era that I watched was Sleepers (and I did it just a few days ago).

Tier 3: Again, just the more famous movies, but not stuff like The River, Monsignor, Heartbeeps, Midway, Missouri Breaks, etc. Haven't seen 1941, Dracula and Jaws 2 either.

Tiers 4 and 5: Haven't watched none of them.

If you tried to submit with any section not containing at least one check mark, it won't work (and there should be an error in red letters that shows up near the poll options).

Otherwise, if you originally had the page open before Troxie fixed the poll, a submission would fail.  You might have to completely close your browser tab and reopen the thread anew to submit a successful vote. 

Part 1:

I’ve seen all but BFG, Book Thief, Warhorse, Tintin, Geisha, Terminal

Part 2:

I’ve seen all but Stepmom, Amistad, Seven Years In Tibet, Rosewood, Nixon, Far & Away, JFK, Stanley & Iris 

Part 3:

I’ve seen all but River, Monsignor, Heartbeeps, Midway, Missouri Breaks

Part 4:

I have seen only Earthquake, Sugarland, Cinderella Liberty, Images, Poseidon, Cowboys

Part 5:

None from this group

* I have attempted to watch Seven Years In Tibet and Reivers but didn’t make it very far into either one

* Actually, after submitting my vote I realized I did watch Daddy-O via MST3K.  

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I’ve seen all of them. But I’m not crossing off each and every box.

Have you seen Stark Fear too?

I haven't seen that one. All the others, yes!

edit: Oh, haven't seen Mr Chips too..

1 hour ago, Datameister said:

Percentages look funny in the results, like it's dividing the votes by the wrong total...is anyone else seeing super low percentages?

Looks like that's exactly what it's doing, yes. The last option in Part 5 is currently at 48.88% for 15 votes, which is the correct value for 15 votes out of 32 = 15 (votes for this option) + 17 (total votes for all the other options).

Book Thief is the only one of the first group I still haven't seen. Patriot, I am pretty sure I watched a couple times on cable but not sure it was ever beginning to end. I remember enough about it that I counted it. Like most of us, I've seen less and less the further back it goes.

At this point most of the remaining films I would only watch specifically to see every John Williams scored movie, which is something I'd like to finish one day. Probably most interested in Black Sunday of my misses. Morbidly curious about Heartbeeps.

7 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Looks like that's exactly what it's doing, yes. The last option in Part 5 is currently at 48.88% for 15 votes, which is the correct value for 15 votes out of 32 = 15 (votes for this option) + 17 (total votes for all the other options).

That's so bizarre. I feel like past checkbox polls have calculated the percentages correctly, based on the total number of voters and not the total number of votes...

I've seen all of group 1 except The BFG, The Book Thief, Memoirs of a Geisha and Angela's Ashes.

I've seen about half of group 2, a third of group 3 and none of the movies in groups 4 or 5.

2 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

very irritating!  It is not the nice visual representation of this topic that I was looking for.  

I'm doing a counting and rating spreadsheet and last night I got up to 56, half of the 112 movies he scored that I counted. Plus 4 that I didn't watch all the way through.

47 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Haven't seen any.

I know for a fact you've seen HEARTBEEPS numerous times

I forget to check JOHN GOLDFARB....

That used to be on the Tele alot, and I remember it being very funny!

5 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

Kinda depressing that the great dramas like JFK and NIXON have such low totals.😞

But, not surprising.

JFK and Nixon I always put into that category US American movie for US Americans. But if you give a recommendation I might give them a try. 

1 minute ago, GerateWohl said:

JFK and Nixon I always put into that category US American movie for US Americans. But if you give a recommendation I might give them a try. 

JFK was a.huge hit in foreign markets!

NIXON may be more provincial.

I think they are both great films about America, if that subject interests you.

This poll made me reflect on the fact that I went to see several of these movies only because I knew in advance that they had been scored by JW, and probably I would have overlooked them otherwise. In some cases (Empire of the Sun, Angela's Ashes) the movies turned out to be really good, in some others (The Terminal) not at all! 

as of this post, the least-viewed post-Jaws movies are

2 have seen: Monsignor
5 have seen: Midway, Heartbeeps
6 have seen: The Missouri Breaks, The River, Stanley and Iris, Rosewood
7 have seen: Angela's Ashes
8 have seen: Black Sunday
9 have seen: The Accidental Tourist

Every other post-Jaws movie has been seen by at least 10 voters

Another interesting factoid:

The top of the page tells me "36 members have voted"

The movies with 36 votes are: Crystal Skull, Revenge of the Sith, Attack of the Clones, Phantom Menace, Lost World, Jurassic Park, Last Crusade, ET, and Raiders

That's right - 1 person claims to have seen all 3 SW prequels - plus only the 2 newest Indys - but not the original trilogy or the first two Indys.

Unless that was a casualty of the poll re-jiggering...

28 minutes ago, Jay said:

as of this post, the least-viewed post-Jaws movies are

2 have seen: Monsignor
5 have seen: Midway, Heartbeeps
6 have seen: The Missouri Breaks, The River, Stanley and Iris, Rosewood
7 have seen: Angela's Ashes
8 have seen: Black Sunday
9 have seen: The Accidental Tourist

Of these I've only seen The Accidental Tourist.

18 hours ago, filmmusic said:

Have you seen Stark Fear too?

I have yes, several years ago. Williams is supposed to have written the "party music" for that, and there is indeed a party scene in the film (if memory serves, it's in some large, GREAT GATSBY-like place....or it was a big youth party; big place, at least). However, the party source music sounds nothing like Williams -- it's more straightforward rock'n'roll. So I'm still uncertain about the legitimacy of that. Same with the staircase scene in MY GUN IS QUICK. Nothing Williams about it at all.

Even if I've seen every single film scored by Williams, there is still a gap in the TV stuff. If I were to make an estimate, I guess I've seen about 60-70% of all the TV episodes he's done, so I still have some researching to do here. Will probably last a lifetime.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Unless that was a casualty of the poll re-jiggering...

From what I can tell, Big was the only person who successfully voted before the jiggering 

1 hour ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

I would love to see Rosewood unfortunately this movie hasn't been printed for Zone 2 (don't ask me why). That's so fucking sad cause it really interest me

Meh, who needs a pressed disc to watch a movie? Just stream it. 

36 minutes ago, mstrox said:

From what I can tell, Big was the only person who successfully voted before the jiggering 

I remember seeing 3 people had already voted when I first realized I couldn't submit mine 

As of this post 54 people have voted, and these are the films that all 54 voters have seen:

Crystal Skull, Revenge of the Sith, Attack of the Clones, Phantom Menace, The Lost World, Jurassic Park, Last Crusade, ET, Raiders.

Yep, there's still one voter who claims to have seen those but not SW, TESB, ROTJ, or Temple of Doom.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Crystal Skull, Revenge of the Sith, Attack of the Clones, Phantom Menace, The Lost World, Jurassic Park, Last Crusade, ET, Raiders.

Well, at least the last three of these are good. ;)