Benjamin Wallfisch's THE FLASH (2023)

Matt C

The film began production in London yesterday, and the studio confirmed that Wallfisch will reunite with director Andy Muschietti (IT, IT: Chapter 2) to compose the score.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/the-flash-movie-enlists-composer-benjamin-wallfisch

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Someone posted on Reddit a video from the recording sessions:

It sounds a little generic, but I won't judge the score yet based on a 13-second video.

Also, it is interesting that even now, post-Covid, they're still recording the orchestra separately (first strings, then brass, etc.)

35 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

It sounds a little generic, but I won't judge the score yet based on a 13-second video.

Also, it is interesting that even now, post-Covid, they're still recording the orchestra separately (first strings, then brass, etc.)

Isn't that pretty common? I thought a lot of composers record in sections so they can adjust the music during edit easier?

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

It sounds like some intro music for one of the production company's logo

found the source of this vid, this is actually Benjamin Wallfisch conducting the string section to perform a Happy Birthday to the director, the actual Happy Birthday part is after this intro

I believe the video was first posted by the director's sister, Barbara (who is also the producer of Flash)

8 hours ago, Edmilson said:

COVID cases and deaths around here are higher than they were last year at this time!

But chances are, they are striping the orchestra for mixing purposes.  They’ll probably make it sound much less like an orchestra in post.