Favorite moment or motif from the prequels?

Oomoog the Ecstatic

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

I just love "Entrance Of The Monsters" to death

Gotta agree, annoying that it was cut down so heavily. Though I do agree that it makes a better theme for the clones / republic than the Arena, it's just a shame that we never really got a full statement like that presented on the album. 

Nah, it woulda worked fine if left in the arena sequence

Instead of tracking it into ROTS, GL should have had JW write an original march that evoked the same feel

"I Am The Senate" is pretty fantastic. The action is energetic and terrifying, and the atmosphere and buildup to Vader's theme after Windu is killed is superb. 

I like the "arrival on Courascant" music, from Ep. II. I'm sure there's a quote from some Hoth music, there.

The cue where Anakin's pod racer is fired up, the night before the race, is very "Biblical", if you take my meaning.

The quiet, atmospheric music in Ep. I, that begins with "I am TC-14...", is lovely.

9 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Are you on mind-altering substances again, @Bespin?

Apparently he did eat some "Fantastic Beasts" sooner :lol:

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

James Newton Howard - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Eat Them OST

I must’ve listened to Departing Coruscant continuously on loop when the score first came out. The climax of that track is so soaring and magical. 

No, it wasn't on the OST album

It only appears in these cues

1. [4M5] Anakin Is Free
  2. [4M6] Darth and Qui-Gon
  3. [6M11New] End of Darth Maul

And none of those were on the OST album.

The OST track "Qui-Gon's Noble End" is a brass version of the DOTF fanfare followed by some of "[2M3A] Take-Off" followed by "[6M8+9] Qui-Gon's Noble End"

The OST track "The High Council Meeting and Qui-Gon's Funeral" is "[7M1N-N] After the Victory" followed by "[7M1A] Qui-Gon's Funeral"

[4M5] Anakin Is Free is the UE track "Anakin Is Free"
[4M6] Darth and Qui-Gon is in the UE track "Qui-Gon And Darth Maul Meet"
[6M11New] End of Darth Maul is in the UE track "The Tide Turns / The Death Of Darth Maul"

I think you're talking about the horn solo at 2:20 of "Passage Through The Planet Core" (which is [1M8] Bubble World followed by [1M9] Gone Fishin'), but to me it doesn't sound like his theme

I could be wrong!

When TROS came out, me and a few friends went to the SW marathon at Disney Springs, and even though it’s not my top favorite one(it’s up there, but not #1), the one cue I was super excited to hear in the theater was Anakin Defeats Sebulba. The lack of music before hand builds up to it so, so perfectly, and when the race seems over for Anakin, the unseen Hero of the Saga steps in and the outcome of the race begins to change. I remember the goosebumps when that happened. Such a fun memory.

1 hour ago, Brando said:

When TROS came out, me and a few friends went to the SW marathon at Disney Springs, and even though it’s not my top favorite one(it’s up there, but not #1), the one cue I was super excited to hear in the theater was Anakin Defeats Sebulba. The lack of music before hand builds up to it so, so perfectly, and when the race seems over for Anakin, the unseen Hero of the Saga steps in and the outcome of the race begins to change. I remember the goosebumps when that happened. Such a fun memory.

Unfortunate that they cut like 85% the entirety of it though. :P

6 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Unfortunate that they cut like 85% of it though. :P

Are you talking about the album version or the film version?

10 minutes ago, Brando said:

Are you talking about the album version or the film version?

Film (the video you posted, which is the film mix). Most of it was replaced with the cue "Take Off", the rest was replaced with "The Race Begins".

Scratch the "85%" remark; I just remembered the entire original cue was cut from the film, although it was used later during the Naboo battle.

To be clear, the Ultimate Edition "album" version you posted a youtube video of is the film version (which is mostly Take Off and The Race Begins), while the original 1-disc OST album is where you can hear what JW actually recorded for the "Anakin Defeats Sebulba" cue.

2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

For reference, here are all three of the individual cues in question, as they were recorded (note that "The Race Begins" and "The Service Ramp" are actually parts of the same cue):

Okay, that’s what I thought you were referring to. A wise decision to save those for later