Favorite moment or motif from the prequels?

Oomoog the Ecstatic

I love this passage:

Relistening to Attack of the Clones, it strikes as probably the mostidiosyncratic of all Star Wars scores, to a point where it sometimes doesn't even quite feel like a Star Wars score and I think that has somewhat unjustly hurt its reputation. It's got a feel all of its own, with particularly terrific action scoring. The Chase Through Coruscant is an obvious highlight, but the track I posted, although less balletic, does have a terrific propulsive energy. The setpieces in the prequels, good or bad as they may be, were at least self contained and allowed JW to give each of them its own flavor. 

And I really do wish Williams would rearrange The Chase Through Coruscant into a Concert suite. It meanders a bit in its second half, but the first half, with a proper ending, could be an absolutely terrific stand alone piece.

1 hour ago, Romão said:

I love this passage:

Wonderful, isn't it? And the way it kind of flows out of the intervalic content of the main "hook" from earlier in the cue. (i.e. E-F-C# becomes C-Db-A)

Jango MT.png

↓↓↓

Jango Line.png

You know it occurs to me no one ever mentions Jar Jar Bink's thematic material in these sorts of threads, probably for good reason, but Williams wrote some really clever, colorful music for him.

It's somehow even more enjoyable when you figure out Williams had Morton Gould's arrangement of "The Parade of the Wooden Soldiers" in his ear, and Gould himself was stuffing that arrangement with nods to Stravinsky's Petrushka. Not the first time a Star Wars comic-relief theme drew from a 20th Century Russian composer... 

That's a great connection. But Williams really developed a sound for Naboo. Even in Jar Jar Binks material this is apparent. Probably the most thorough musical portrait of a place he has ever written

On 4/20/2021 at 1:40 PM, Jay said:

Another cue I just absolutely love is "Darth and Qui-Gon", the cue for their duel in the Tatooine dessert

The whole cue is great, but the part from 0:40-1:15, I remember sitting up in my chair in the theater on opening night, and, well, A) being wowwed that I was hearing something so incredible that somehow wasn't on the OST album, but B) also thinking this was a cool sound that sure would get more variants through the rest of the film, and then unfortunately it doesn't really

But boy, what a great little action cue

I've loved this cue since the first time I became aware of Qui-Gon's theme (many years after seeing the movie, of course), but it's funny you mention it now, @Jay.  In my May the 4th soundtrack binge this year, I was listening to it on some new earbuds, and for the first time ever picked out the high contrapuntal stuff playing during the blast of Qui-Gon's theme at the timestamp you mentioned.  It's awesome!  It's like the high stuff (I can't even tell if it's strings or winds, and maybe a xylophone or triangle?) is swordfighting with the theme.  Once you hear it, the track is even more exciting than it was to begin with.

On 5/6/2021 at 10:38 PM, igger6 said:

It's like the high stuff (I can't even tell if it's strings or winds, and maybe a xylophone or triangle?) is swordfighting with the theme.

Yes!  It's so awesome!

And it boggles my mind that he would not consider this an obvious contender for OST inclusion

On 5/7/2021 at 10:01 AM, Jay said:

Yes!  It's so awesome!

And it boggles my mind that he would not consider this an obvious contender for OST inclusion

it must have been written by Gordy Haab.