"The Escape" from TLJ Appreciation Thread.

Alex

4 minutes ago, crumbs said:

The complete version will make a stunning opening track on an expansion someday. 

Imagine a 15 minutes track like the Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye from E.T. :heart: Would be perfect!!!

7 minutes ago, crumbs said:

It is hard to fully judge based on the OST track though, because it's so frustratingly cut down (and there's even more unused material they deleted from the film!) 

I prefer the OST track because it flows better.  

37 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

I prefer the OST track because it flows better.  

I wonder if it's just because I'm so used to the extended version of the track that the OST edits feel more distracting? I didn't live with the OST version for twenty years like I did with, say, Rescuing Sarah.

I will say it's a cleverly condensed presentation of multiple cues with well-hidden microedits. If you didn't know the film version was twice as long you'd be none the wiser.

Similar situation with the complete Fathiers, which the OST brilliantly condenses (though I love all the unused music!) 

I don't know if an expansion would contain all those unreleased and source material but after the ones of RotJ they are certainly the most interresting to get. Really hope that JW will let MM published them like the "golden Hollywood homage" they are

I'm still waiting for an edited track that combines the OST and the film version into something listenable...