Predict the next JW score expansion from the 3 major specialty labels

crumbs

21 hours ago, ATXHusker said:

Well, we can cross Images off the list at least, I'd love to get a WoE expanded release!  

Perseverance still persevering with that one.

• 1 month later...

Now that Black Friday is approaching, what are our chances of getting an expansion before the end of the year?🤔

I am starting to feel that the year is over already 😕.

I've a feeling that Varese might come up with Presumed Innocent, Intrada with the Patriot, LLL with The John Williams Oliver Stone Collection, Quartet with a reissue of Heidi and MBR with The Paper Chase (there no despair or deny in this post because none of this will happen, those are perfectly plausible prediction)

• 2 weeks later...

Lalaland records will announce the end of year titles on the 26th of November, and for some reasons I have the feeling we will have Born on the fourth of July 🤔.

22 hours ago, ciarlese said:

Lalaland records will announce the end of year titles on the 26th of November, and for some reasons I have the feeling we will have Born on the fourth of July 🤔.

It will be reborn in the hands of Mike.

I'm not sure even Mike can assemble that album without it being very repetitive.

I agree it can't be far off though, given all the other Universal scores around it have been expanded.

Born on the Fourth of July and Last Crusade both feel very lush compared to everything before. Even the closest passages from Empire of the Sun don't seem to have the passionate abandon of Fourth's end credits.

• 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

By the way, I think Quartet records should be considered one of the four major special labels. They've done a decent amount of prestigeous expansions including Williams.

Agreed, though this thread was made before their release of Images.

I'd love to see more old-school titles come out on their label though, especially with the other labels focused on different eras!

These three collaborations make up half of my most wanted JW expansions:

1. Amistad
  2. JFK
  3. The Witches of Eastwick
  4. Born on the Fourth of July
  5. Nixon
  6. The Terminal/Hook

My current guesses are:

La-La Land - Amistad

Intrada - The Patriot

Varese Sarabande - Presumed Innocent

Quartet - The Reivers

51 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

I think, I would skip the Presumed Innocent expansion. The OST is already so repetitive. An expansion might be probably Just be more of the same.

It could definitely use a remaster as the current release is quite muddy but agree that I don’t think it’s a score I’m desperate to hear more of. Is there much more of it anyway?!

1 hour ago, Tom Guernsey said:

Is there much more of it anyway?!

This doesn't guarantee it's complete, but the OST of Presumed Innocent (43:47) is actually longer than the duration of the score in the film (38:52). So, unless there's an incredible amount of alternate or dropped cues, probably not much at all.

52 minutes ago, BrotherSound said:

This doesn't guarantee it's complete, but the OST of Presumed Innocent (43:47) is actually longer than the duration of the score in the film (38:52). So, unless there's an incredible amount of alternate or dropped cues, probably not much at all.

Sounds like we’re not missing much then! Just improved sound. I gave it a listen the other day and I can’t say it excites me hugely! Some much more interesting JW scores yet to expand methinks!

The City of Prague Philharmonic has a good recording of the main title to Presumed Innocent.

It lacks the urgency of the original recording, and is perhaps not aflawless performance, but absolutely good enough for any and all purposes - and it omits the synth sounds in favor of orchestral emphasis so that is a huge plus in my opinion.

Just now, Jurassic Shark said:

Yeah, for the BIG anniversary (100).

It's too damn long... Let's get satisfied with the 90th after all we could wait until his 1000th anniversary but none of us will still be there

• 2 years later...

As I began analyzing the percentage of edited tracks on John Williams's OSTs, I uncovered a list of three OSTs (not related to franchises) which have the highest rate of edited tracks... and thus, expansions could potentially offer a completely new perspective on these scores.

1. Catch Me If You Can
  2. War Horse
  3. The Adventure of Tintin

Please visit and comment this thread: