• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To all members of JWFan,   Long time board member @Incanus has decided to step down from his Moderator position.  This leaves Ricard and Jason as the forum moderators for the time being.  We

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring as the third moderator.   Qualifications:   Read multiple biographies of other famous moderators, including Stalin and Mao Tend to enforce

FWIW, I was happy to see the new rules.  Granted, I'm largely a lurker, but I'd started visiting less and less (even swearing off the site entirely) because the content of some posts was really gettin

2 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Maybe if we get rid of some of the weirdos the forum will attract more female users?

Who like? There are no creepy weirdos here, that I know of. There have been a couple over the years, come and gone. 

I'd say dullness is a bigger factor.

3 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Who like? There are no creepy weirdos here, that I know of. There have been a couple over the years, come and gone.

Wasn't there a Bronie here for a while?

23 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I was just kidding, I don't think anyone here would act creepily if a female user visited the forum. Then again, as far as I know, female JWFanners are as rare as snow during summer.

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

Outside of the usual suspects getting riled up over being “oppressed,” I really don’t think much will change. 

I agree with Koray.

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

I miss Chaac. 

Me too. There was a good batch of active JWFanners then.

If anybody is in touch with any former members, you could reach out and let them know about the new rules, which might tempt them to come back

In general though, I suspect the majority of people who leave is due to a diminishing interest in film music (or at least discussing it) more than anything else

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Stefan called me one of the boring ones once. It hurt my feelings, I cried.

Do we have to sign an " I agree to these rules" notice?

Will there be a test?

Just now, Jurassic Shark said:

Huh, I always picture Jay as a middle-aged Dustin Hoffman.

Ralph Fiennes as JAY.

From " M" to " J".😝😜

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Huh, I always picture Jay as a middle-aged Dustin Hoffman.

Jesse Eisenberg in BVS drag

5 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

I don't know. I've long felt this one is one of the most well-moderated genre forums on the web.  So except for banning politics, which I agree with, I pretty much like how things are, disagreeable members and their eccentricities included. I like that the moderation is light, I like the movie quotes, the salty posts, and don't mind when threads occasionally get derailed. I want this place to stay more Deep Space Nine than Discovery.

Don't mind me though. I hate change.

I nominate Nick as new moderator.😁

9 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I nominate Nick as new moderator.😁

I wouldn't moderate any forum that would have me as a moderator.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

....the majority of people who leave is due to a diminishing interest in film music (or at least discussing it) more than anything else

Well, when the majority of  topics discussed are about expanding scores that were already expanded.....😒

😎

Screenshot_2020-06-19-21-17-26~2.png

23 minutes ago, HunterTech said:

Correction: completely devoid of a bad sense of humor.

Jason just started a topic on FSM MESSAGE BOARD:

" What do FSMers think of the new rules over at JWFAN.com?"

😅😛

I was initially a bit unsure about the 'no politics' rule, but after venturing into a few threads that were in that direction, and finding that I disagreed with the odd view (in one case to an extent that made me privately very angry), it properly put into context for me why this place should be about creative discussion, and nothing else.

13 hours ago, bruce marshall said:

I lobbied hard for a word count limit.

As usual, my concerns were ignored.😒😞

And get rid of all the extensive analyses/interviews/anecdotes? Aside from the pleasure of reading them, it also demonstrates this forum software can handle just about everything we throw at it. The number of times I've copied a link or URL and it magically changes to a widget... brilliant!