New Forum Rules April 2021

8 hours ago, The_Trout said:

Also, yes, I'm a changling, as of early last year, and my username changed most places to @LongTallJodie.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for taking that in the spirit intended, one of the unwritten rules of JWFan is that we are legally bound to never pass up an opportunity to quote a prequel.  And also, Jodie is a fantastic name that was totally on the shortlist when my wife and I were naming our daughter.

Well now I would like for Quint to explain to us how he came to believe that you did so.  He's told me his IRA theory in the past as well - even suggested that I must have relatives that support the IRA, after I banned him for telling you to kill yourself.

Quint, can you explain how you came to believe this?

57 minutes ago, Jay said:

Well now I would like for Quint to explain to us how he came to believe that you did so.  He's told me his IRA theory in the past as well - even suggested that I must have relatives that support the IRA, after I banned him for telling you to kill yourself.

Quint, can you explain how you came to believe this?

Eh, years of his highly vocal Irish republican tinged anti British snark and sentiment in the various political threads, it's obvious to me that Bilbo is lying here about his support for that terrorist organisation, and he knows I see through his BS. He's a Brit hating zealot, he's demonstrated this many a time over the years in what was once Other Topics. I don't have to explain a thing to you or anyone else btw, but sure I'll use this as an invitation to call out user Bilbo's sly little manoeuvring which I spot from a mile off. You must think I was born yesterday. All these newbie observers have only been around since then, so obviously they haven't a clue about it anyway, and what they think means sod all to me.

IRA Newborn is my favourite member. 

47 minutes ago, Jay said:

How about everyone stands by while we wait for Quint's reply.  Thanks.

Ha! I've always had a way of keeping you gripped as to my next sentence, you can't ever deny it. You love it. 

Let's settle this right now. I'd like to know if Bilbo owns, has ever owned, or plans on owning, any of the following soundtracks:

Michael Collins

The Devil's Own

In the Name of the Father

Bloody Sunday

Darby O'Gill and the Little People

If so...

3853dd30-4d05-4e6a-b51e-1fa4f4a4671c_tex

Just now, Nick1066 said:

Let's settle this right now. I'd like to know if Bilbo owns, has ever owned, or plans on owning, any of the following soundtracks:

Michael Collins

The Devil's Own

In the Name of the Father

Bloody Sunday

Darby O'Gill and the Little People

I own Michael Collins on VHS and BluRay. Also own the excellent OST.

The Devil's Own. Nope. Never seen it.  

In the Name of the Father. Nope. Never seen it. Heard it’s alright though? 

Bloody Sunday. Watched this on YouTube. If it’s the one I’m thinking of it focuses on the Civil Rights marches before the Troubles kicked off. 

Darby O'Gill and the Little People. I do not own this but I saw bits of it on telly. I assume it comes with a warning about outdated cultural stereotypes on Disney Plus. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Another gem I just remembered, it was in the same messenger chat that you confessed to not even knowing who Bilbo was because you said you always scrolled past his posts lmao. I guess you're trying to make amends ever since, bless. 

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

lol this thread is off the hook

And apparently this sort of thing is no longer wanted or welcome here. 

Suuuuuuuure 

16 minutes ago, Quintus said:

And apparently this sort of thing is no longer wanted or welcome here. 

Suuuuuuuure 

Are shallow but inoffensive posts citing genuine reactions to threads no longer welcome?  The rules don’t explicitly say so, at any rate.

14 minutes ago, Stark said:

I chose quite the juicy time to join this forum, eh.

Yes, for many years I have provided a key source of engagement to this website's message board.  You're welcome.

There, enjoy your single solitary Like off me. Because the others won't be quick to dish 'em to you after being called out, called out for being the guffawing bullshitter chums they know they are. 

I don't intentionally engage in political discourse. Nor do I want to.

The only problem is defining " political".

References to current events can and have been, reprimanded by our mods for being " political".

Same with historical commentary.

I only ask that our mods take into account not only context but the intent of a poster.

We don't always know when a line is crossed.
 ( except Drax, he always knows😉)

I completely admit that I am not infallible, have absolutely been snarky in the past when it wasn't called for, and have absolutely been rude at times.

All I can say is that I recognize this, and will try to be better in the future.

11 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I'm taking back my " thanks" emoji😡

Sorry Bruce, you ninja'd me. My response was meant for that other dude whom I've never set eyes on till today. 

16 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

I only ask that our mods take into account not only context but the intent of a poster.

That's exactly what the new rules make room for. And pretty much the only thing that has changed about them.