The Mandalorian rescored by John Williams

Cool idea. I think the “galaxy’s edge” theme works pretty good for a title theme for the show. Much more adventurous and classic Star Wars than the futuristic Morricone-vibe Gorransson went with. 

But I think Gorransson nailed the other-worldliness and tone of the show, personally. A lot of mystery in that simple recorder riff. 

New video here:

For the Ravinak attack I choose to put the Crash Landing music from the Episode III. I thought that this scene could have a bit more epic with it. Plus when I first seen this episode I couldn't think to better music than Duel of the Fates/Star Wars mix for the departure of the planet.

I bet the last minute and a half or so of “Mynock Cave” would sync up beautifully with this too. It’s a similar scene in a way. I’d love to see that!

5 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

New video here:

For the Ravinak attack I choose to put the Crash Landing music from the Episode III. I thought that this scene could have a bit more epic with it. Plus when I first seen this episode I couldn't think to better music than Duel of the Fates/Star Wars mix for the departure of the planet.

This was pretty cool actually

1 hour ago, WampaRat said:

I bet the last minute and a half or so of “Mynock Cave” would sync up beautifully with this too. It’s a similar scene in a way. I’d love to see that!

Maybe I'll try it later

• 5 months later...

I was likewise disappointed by Göransson's work (as I am ALL his work), and while the Williams music certainly lifts the quality considerably, I think perhaps this would be better served with some Morricone "re-scoring" -- as that is closer to the intended aesthetic of the show.

I think, it would not be difficult to add some Morricone moments in a Williams dominated score to pay enough tribute to the spaghetti western references of the show. After all it is still a Star Wars show.

So far Göransson fails on both areas to my mind.

Yes I actually have plan to do all the first season but after a HDD crash I've lost my work on episode 1 and 2. I'll try to do them again when I'll have more time.

Glad you like though.

On 06/10/2021 at 1:37 PM, May the Force be with You said:

Yes I actually have plan to do all the first season but after a HDD crash I've lost my work on episode 1 and 2. I'll try to do them again when I'll have more time.

Glad you like though.

How do you plan to release your rescores? Possibly as full-length audio tracks that can be synced with the episodes?

Also, do you have any plans to incorporate Ludwin Goransson's Mandalorian theme at all, or do you plan to include only John Williams music?

I think that this orchestral version of the theme would blend beautifully with John Williams' music, and it includes several leitmofits that could each be used for different scenes:

16 hours ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

@May the Force be with YouDoesn't like Goransson's music at all, so I doubt he will use anything from it.

Only when it comes to The Mandalorian (apart from the main theme) and Venom. I'm really a fan of his Black Panther and Community works;)

Basically I thought to just use Williams music (with perhaps the Göransson's main theme). I intend to release the edits on youtube through short clips (otherwise the video will be blocked) but perhaps I'll try to publish a full audio track one day, don't if it will pass though

We can't have copyrighted material hosted on JWFan servers.  Embedded videos from other websites are fine.  It's just pointing to an outside server hosting the video, it's not passing through JWFan's servers to get to you or anything if you click play.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have any plans to use John Williams' Rose theme from "The Last Jedi"? It's a lovely theme, and could maybe work in "The Mandalorian" (perhaps as a theme for Cara Dune or Baby Yoda?).

I don't know yet, I'm not sure to use to specific themes that I sometimes associate too much to certain characters

Anyway being very busy recently and for some more time I won't be working on this for a while :crymore: