East West Composer Sound Library/ Sibelius

Hi all, sorry if this was posted before. Does anyone use the East west composer sound library with Sibelius? It looks really great, but also kind of tedious. It doesn't seem like there is a way to just have the sound library playback articulations that are written out in the score, but you have to create possibly multiple hidden lines for key switches to get articulations working. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

3 hours ago, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

Hi all, sorry if this was posted before. Does anyone use the East west composer sound library with Sibelius? It looks really great, but also kind of tedious. It doesn't seem like there is a way to just have the sound library playback articulations that are written out in the score, but you have to create possibly multiple hidden lines for key switches to get articulations working. Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

I don't work with it in Sibelius, but yes that's typically how I do it in my software. They do have Key Switchable patches for a lot of their instruments so you can keep it all in one MIDI channel, but I find them to not be quite as good as doing it a line at a time with different articulations. I know there is another way as well, at least in my software, where you can write in one channel with different colors of MIDI which activate different articulations (provided you set up the routing correctly), but that just sounds more messy to me.

1 hour ago, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

Thanks! Have you ever used any of the Vienna sound libraries? I'm thinking it more or less operates in a similar way.

I have not unfortunately. I am currently operating off of EWQL through Play and various other libraries in the Kontakt format, but not Vienna