What's the missed soundtrack purchase that you regret the most?

That's a really good question.

I've started collected CD since 3 years ago so I've miss a lot of things but among the one I've missed which weren't OOP at the time I would say Heidi (Quartet) and Star Trek The Motion Picture (LLL) for which I trully hope a reissue at some point

10 minutes ago, Thor said:

The GOODBYE MR. CHIPS set.

I guess you'll have to say goodbye to that one. :D

21 minutes ago, Bounty95 said:

E.T. (Lalaland Records) - It went OOP before I was even aware of it. I still hope for a reissue some day.

I'm willing to trade for the MI box.

So many... Jurassic Park set, Mission Impossible set, most everything released by Christopher Young, Batman Forever, Black Rain...

The 2013 release of The Missouri Breaks by Kritzerland. 

At some point in the past I would have answered that question with Elfman's Batman releases by LLLR, but fortunately those got a reissue :)

1 hour ago, Nick1066 said:

Casablanca...I regret not getting the Rhino Casablanca soundtrack. Now I’m told it’s impossible to get.

I made the same error. I was thinking about getting it for years, waiting for the price to drop on Amazon, then it suddenly sold out everywhere. But I got it for a good price on Discogs.

Batman Forever. There was definitely a good window of opportunity for me to buy it when it was available, but alas it never came. Anytime it shows up on eBay, the price is ridiculously high. Oh well.

I don't know that I have any big regrets. I might have picked up more of the original BSG albums if they'd still been in print; I only got volume 1. But ever since I started following this little niche market, I've pretty much bought every limited release I was interested in.

If War of the Worlds sold out right now, it might end up making my list in the future, since I haven't picked that one up. I keep debating it - my enthusiasm for the OST fluctuates and isn't usually very strong.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I made the same error. I was thinking about getting it for years, waiting for the price to drop on Amazon, then it suddenly sold out everywhere. But I got it for a good price on Discogs.

;)

1941 and I guess it’s my own fault for not getting Home Alone 2. The former I regret because I don’t really know the score. Jaws 2 as well but again, I don’t really know the score. 

But I’m lucky enough in that I’ve managed to get everything I’ve wanted so far. 

4 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

Jonesy katze kater GIF - Find on GIFER

How can it be so relax with an alien lurking around?!?

It's a cat. That's possibly the most authentic cat scene ever put on film.

2 hours ago, Datameister said:

I don't know that I have any big regrets. I might have picked up more of the original BSG albums if they'd still been in print; I only got volume 1. But ever since I started following this little niche market, I've pretty much bought every limited release I was interested in.

If War of the Worlds sold out right now, it might end up making my list in the future, since I haven't picked that one up. I keep debating it - my enthusiasm for the OST fluctuates and isn't usually very strong.

At least BSG is sold digitally! Assuming you mean McCreary’s.

War of the Worlds is excellent creepy music, would recommend.

1 hour ago, Stark said:

At least BSG is sold digitally! Assuming you mean McCreary’s.

War of the Worlds is excellent creepy music, would recommend.

Original BSG albums, I said...Stu Phillips all the way! :D

10 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I regret not getting the box set of MI television scores. It was even on sale for a great price before it went OOP.

John Morris’s Spaceballs with LLL - exact same situation!

I got the later digital release (minus the pop song and the alternates) so I’m reasonably happy, but I would buy the disc in a heartbeat for the original price.  Not likely when it’s listed for hundreds right now….

But I’ll still cry with you, surely!

There’s really nothing I really regret passing on but if there’s a lot I regret buying.

If I could go back in time I’d tell myself to wait on buying quite a few releases because they are gonna get re-issued multiple times. 😁

ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR v.two.

I bought volume one which was two CDs so wasn't in a rush to get this one - three CDs.

Weirdly, v.3 went out of print before two ( which might still be in print)

5 hours ago, TSMefford said:

The LLL Jurassic Park & Lost World expansion. :(

I think it was @bruce marshall who offered me his for $89 but it was only because I already had it, so you can still ask him :lol: