Johnny Williams & Mahalia Jackson Question

Falstaft

Hi everybody, this is a bit of a long shot, but can anyone help me determine all the albums Williams arranged for Mahalia Jackson back when he was getting his start? Dyer says in an 1980 interview that he did 7 albums with her, but I only have four of them, all with Columbia:

I Believe (1960)

Everytime I Feel The Spirit (1961)

Great Songs of Love and Faith (1962)

Silent Night: Songs for Christmas (1962)

Are there three more I'm just missing? Or is it possible I/Dyer/Williams am just mistaken about the number? Thanks!

I'm not sure if I mention all the albums he arranged for Mahalia, bit I'm pretty sure I have all the albums he recorded with her, in the album section... And there are singles too, in the singles section.

But, you surely already checked my discography, right?

7 minutes ago, Bespin said:

I'm not sure if I mention all the albums he arranged for Mahalia, bit I'm pretty sure I have all the albums he recorded with her, in the album section... And there singles too, in the singles section.

But, you surely already checked my discography, right?

Yeah, I've checked that, and as far as I can tell what's listed there amounts to the 4 albums I mentioned above, plus 3 EPs that are partial presentations of the songs on two of those albums. So I guess that technically adds to seven, but the sense I got from this quote from Dyer was that there were 7 distinct albums

"It was several years, however, before Williams became a full-time film composer. First came a contract with Columbia Records, and, concurrently, television. For Columbia, Williams made two jazz band albums of his own (“They didn’t sell”) and arranged albums for such singers as Andy williams, Vic Damone, Jackie & Roy, and Doris Day (“Very strange; she had begun as a big band singer, but she was afraid of singing and of musicians – she wanted to bve in a booth where they couldn’t see her; a very inhibited lady”). And, of all things, Williams arranged seven albums for Mahalia Jackson. “I had to work with Mildred Falls, Mahalia’s three-hundred-pound pianist, who could drown out my whole sixty-piece orchestra. I took everything down from the the way Mildred played, because Mahalia believed the way she did it was the way the Lord meant it to be. It was a circus of a time: A tewelve-song LP would take a week to write and record and edit. Compare that to a rock album, where it takes three or four months to get thirty-five minutes worth of music. The business has changed so much in the last twenty years that it seems like a different world.” (Source: https://www.jwfan.com/?p=4494)

8 hours ago, Falstaft said:

Hi everybody, this is a bit of a long shot, but can anyone help me determine all the albums Williams arranged for Mahalia Jackson back when he was getting his start? Dyer says in an 1980 interview that he did 7 albums with her, but I only have four of them, all with Columbia:

I Believe (1960)

Everytime I Feel The Spirit (1961)

Great Songs of Love and Faith (1962)

Silent Night: Songs for Christmas (1962)

Are there three more I'm just missing? Or is it possible I/Dyer/Williams am just mistaken about the number? Thanks!

Those are the four albums I'm aware of (I own all, except for LOVE & FAITH).