What's the most evil soundtrack that you know of?

I'm not sure I understand what that means. The creepiest score I own is arguably Elliot Goldenthal's PET SEMATARY.

Seriously though, while there are some scores which can be scary or terrifying, I can't think of any that feel inherently "evil" to me.  Maybe some of Goldsmith's work for The Omen films.

The use of requiems in films like The Shining and Amadeus, on the other hand, feel evil to me, but of course that's a different cauldron of fish heads.

24 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

Thor and Bruce are going to hunt you down... :lol:

Not really. I would label JOKER more 'tormented' in style and tone than evil, reflecting the character.

Of course, I do realize by now this thread wasn't about "evil" styles and tones, but rather created to 'bait' people into naming scores they hate. I'm not playing that game.

The best way to make a score or piece creepy is the use of creepy voices or other human noises.

Temple of Doom is a perfect example.

Also the pieces from JW's "Images" using voices.

15 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What about voices of aliens?

If they are part of the music maybe.

But if you have alien voices that sound like a piano it might be not so scary.

6 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

If they are part of the music maybe.

But if you have alien voices that sound like a piano it might be not so scary.

I don't know some of the tones of CE3K sounds quite scarry

Another one...the Angel Heart soundtrack, both the score and source music, in the context of the film and then listened to on its own, is evil as f*ck.  The whole project exudes evil.

30 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Funny you mentioned Superman. I always thought the March of the Villains was one of the LEAST menacing evil themes I've ever heard. 

Not that one! This is the goofy theme for Lex Luthor and his idiots :sarcasm:

And not only 'fantasy' dark. Some the darkest music he's ever written is for one of the darkest scenes he's ever scored - the molestation scene in SLEEPERS, building with the drumkit as the camera pans through the corridor, into the light and the time jump to the 80s.

3 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Scary? Tense? Dark? Menacing? Absolutely. But Williams has been touched by God, and he couldn't compose something truly evil even if he wanted to.

What music do you consider "truly evil" then? Something like Goldsmith's The Omen?

3 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

What music do you consider "truly evil" then? Something like Goldsmith's The Omen?

I believe music can have a spirit to it that we don't understand. There's a reason it can touch in a way language can't, and why its so universal.  But to elaborate further would require a metaphysical discussion, and this thread is hardly the place for it. If it's metaphysics you're after, Dr. Tyree's philosophy class is right down the hall.

3 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

But to elaborate further would require a metaphysical discussion, and this thread is hardly the place for it.

It's ok, I'll make an exception for you.