The Muppets are better than everything

Jay

3 hours ago, Jay said:

What the fudge is the point of removing arm rods?

Indeed. I'll go on record by stating that I'm not a fan of the Muppets, but I understand that the rods are like the strings on all of those Gerry Anderson programmes: part of the charm, and a reminder that one is watching a fantasy. There's no attempt at reality, which makes it all the more fun.

52 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Indeed. I'll go on record by stating that I'm not a fan of the Muppets, but I understand that the rods are like the strings on all of those Gerry Anderson programmes: part of the charm, and a reminder that one is watching a fantasy. There's no attempt at reality, which makes it all the more fun.

At the same... The human characters in the story totally ignore the rods and strings. They interact with the talking animals, objects, and whatever Gonzo is as if they are real sentient beings, instead of puppets. They accept the Muppets as part of their reality.

Someday, they're going to remove the strings from Caper's bicycle scene. I will not be amused. 

7 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Eventually, Disney sucks the soul out of everything it touches.

The sooner that organisation ceases to exist, the better.

They aren't like those shining paragons of entertainment purity like Paramount or Sony. :sarcasm:

I wonder if we would be that annoyed with the wire removal if we hadn't been through 20 years of Lucas' BS? (And I'm annoyed. What's next, taking the fingerprints off of Wallace and Grommet?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
28 minutes ago, Jay said:

Does Disney release 4K UHD discs for catalog titles?

Oh, I forgot this is Disney we're talking about. Yeah, probably not. :(

(Still waiting for UHDs of Armageddon and Pearl Harbor)

• 5 months later...

Looks like a lot of fun!  I suspect the songs will feel a little less messy/grungy and more modern than some of the classic era Electric Mayhem songs, but am willing to be surprised.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...