Do you listen to the music from "Jaws" at night?

Fabulin

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to the music from "Jaws" at night?

I can't. I am generally creeped-out while walking anywhere at night alone in total silence, even just to the kitchen. Add the music from Jaws playing in my head and I dread what is even on the other side of the door :lol:

Just now, May the Force be with You said:

Whenever it's possible! 

Yes, indeed. Although I haven't listened to it in a couple of years now.

As for the topic at hand, there are some scores that are more dependent on the hour of the day. Horror scores, for example. I don't listen much to them in the first place, but if I do, it needs to be night or crappy weather. It's counterproductive to listen to something like Goldenthal's PET SEMATARY on a sunny summer day.

I used to listen to horror scores much more, when I lived alone. Now I am rather thinking what I can ask of my roommates.

But recently I listened again to Chris Young's "Urban Legends". Unfortunately, in plain daylight.

And I agree. Jaws is not really a horror score and can be listened to at any time.

12 hours ago, Datameister said:

Anytime and all the time! Great score.

This

15 hours ago, Fabulin said:

I can't. I am generally creeped-out while walking anywhere at night alone in total silence, even just to the kitchen. Add the music from Jaws playing in my head and I dread what is even on the other side of the door :lol:

My guess is that it is not a shark.  

Not every night.

25+ years ago, I was slightly creeped out by the score, but now I'm much too familiar with it to be bothered by that. I think not even the giggling asthma child at the end of the Poltergeist credits scares me anymore.

Yes, I also don't think of it is a horror score, but it DOES have one of the most effective stingers in all of "horror music" history - perfectly timed. You know which scene I refer to.

The lady in Maine who got bit in half by the GW was killed in July last summer. 

Bit in half.

Why would anyone be frightened to listen to this phenomenal score(better than SL).

On 5/10/2021 at 6:38 PM, Thor said:

Yes, I also don't think of it is a horror score, but it DOES have one of the most effective stingers in all of "horror music" history - perfectly timed. You know which scene I refer to.

7muo.gif

I listen seasonally. Jaws is best enjoyed in the Summer.  It may be that my geography is conducive to the traditional seasonal climate, but I just can’t listen to Jaws in the Winter.  That’s the time for Home Alone. 

I don’t get creeped out by it, because there really is so much to it.  It’s as much a “good vs evil” adventure score as it is horror.