Star Wars Rca packaging

Davide Leo

Hi, I own the Rca special editions of ESB e ROTJ in jewel cases. Do you think it's worth buying the bookbound editions also? I assume there's no other difference than the format.

9 hours ago, King Mark said:

Absolutely not .i wish I had the jewel case version instead of the slipcases that scratch the c.d.'s

Worse than that, the extra glue in some packages can actually DAMAGE the CDs! It was a very bad design.

17 hours ago, Davide Leo said:

Hi, I own the Rca special editions of ESB e ROTJ in jewel cases. Do you think it's worth buying the bookbound editions also? I assume there's no other difference than the format.

If it's worth it to you to have them, then absolutely.  I love those, personally.

11 hours ago, Bespin said:

Worse than that, the extra glue in some packages can actually DAMAGE the CDs! It was a very bad design.

I need to check that mine are still okay. I haven't taken the physical discs out since I bought them circa early 2000's.

21 hours ago, Davide Leo said:

It depends, if you're a completist they are nice to have, but I prefer standard jewel cases. This post reminds me that I still need to find the Drew Struzan SE poster art versions of ESB and ROJ.

I had all the book cover RCA sets once. Sold/traded them. The Arista box is all I ever need of the original trilogy soundtracks untill the day I die.

I would pay $$ for that outer cardboard box to put my original book bound releases!  The shelf wear on the individual outer sleeves is excessive and disappointing to look at on my shelf.