Tom Holkenborg's ARMY OF THE DEAD (2021)

Movie out on Netflix May 21st 2021.

Tracklist

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2021/05/12/army-of-the-dead-soundtrack-album-details/

1. Viva Las Vegas – Richard Cheese & Allison Crowe (5:55)
2. Scott and Kate Part 1 (5:24)
3. Scott and Kate Part 2 (2:49)
4. Scott and Kate Part 3 (4:42)
5. Toten Hosen (3:56)
6. Swimming Pool (1:05)
7. Not Here (1:50)
8. 3 Flares (4:42)
9. Battle Hallway Part 1 (4:00)
10. Battle Hallway Part 2 (6:41)
11. Zeus and Athena Part 1 (3:17)
12. Zeus and Athena Part 2 (4:14)

That is a shockingly short tracklist after the 4 hour album for ZSJL.

First single

I saw the film last night. I think it will be a hit with audiences.

The music did not stand out all that much but a couple of cues did stand out. This single might be one of them. I think it plays at an emotional moment. It is like a father-daughter relationship theme.

The most memorable music in the film is definitely Wagner. Now you might ask - what now?

But Götterdämmerung is a major plat point - it is the name of the safe they have to crack. The safe maker was a man called Wagner and he made only 3 other safes. Their names? You you guessed right - Das Rheingold, Die Walküre, Siegfried.

So there seemed to be quite a few cues from Der Ring des Nibelungen. I don't think they were adapted by Junkie. Seemed like they were straight tracked in. Though I could be mistaken.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Holkenborg is composing both the prequel film and the animated series that Netflix is putting out... Tom finally got himself a franchise!

He has Mad Max too. He will be scoring Furiosa.

And technically he already composed for a franchise - he scored BvS and ZSJL. But curiously there he chose to discard almost all the thematic material from BvS and write everything from scratch.

The theme choices in ZSJL were bizarre, though to be fair, half of the Zimmer callbacks in the score weren’t included on the album. I wasn’t counting DC as a franchise for Holkenborg because that universe is a disconnected mess and its musical framework is by Zimmer, not Holkenborg.

I didn’t know about Furiosa, that’s excellent.