Do you consider Moonlight (Sabrina) a reworking of Make me Rainbows (Fitzwilly)?

Jurassic Shark

Do you consider Moonlight (Sabrina) a reworking of Make me Rainbows (Fitzwilly)?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Well, do you?

I don't see any connection at all between these 2 songs... Except for the fact that they were written by the same composer and are of a similar style. 

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Have you paid attention to the melodies?

Do you know Cole Porter? He's written hundreds of songs. And half of them sound similar to each other. 

I think calling this an arrangement or a reworking is going a bit too far. They're just similar. At least that's what I think. 

Just now, Josh500 said:

Do you know Cole Porter? He's written hundreds of songs. And half of them sound similar to each other. 

I love Cole Porter, but don't find half of his output similar to each other.

I wouldn't say that it's a reworking because from what I can understand Williams rarely comes back to his older writtings. I think it's more a coincidence if Moonlight does clearly have a similar melody as Make Me Rainbows. Williams apparently did have twice the same idea and if not I'll go for a rearrangement

39 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

Williams apparently did have twice the same idea

I guess, that's exactly the point.

And I would say, that is completely ok for a film composer writing between 3 and 10 hours of music per year and who states regularly that he hardly looks back at his previous works.

But still, it is musically almost the same song.

Well, the two songs are very similar melodically speaking.

Part of the reason I’ve always prefered How Can I Remember, one of the best songs Williams ever wrote.

I know, How Can I Remember was there before, but it reminds me too much of Matthew Wilder's Reflection from Mulan which I like much better. So, to me Reflection always was the song that How Can I Remember longed to be but never was. I know, it's unfair, but that's how I feel about the song. I just knew the Mulan song first. 

In a way, yes, although we can't know for sure untill we ask him. But I do think he used the same melodic idea and repurposed it for SABRINA.