94th Academy Awards (2022 ceremony for 2021 films)

Jay

1 minute ago, Jay said:

That bit about Regina Hall calling the guys up to stage she wants wo bang and then patting down the two male presenters would never have been done with the genders swapped

Very cringe that part. The comedy had actually been pretty good until then.

3 minutes ago, HunterTech said:

Okay, so I would like to post two tracks from scores that are decades apart:

Both tracks have very different co-writers (Steve Mazzaro for WW84, Lisa Gerrard for Gladiator (though this particular portion is apparently HZ solo)), yet the material is remarkably similar.

Are you going to actually argue that these other folks magically managed to pull the same material on their lonesome, separate from Hans's influence?

What exactly about the phrase Co-composed don’t you understand? Zimmer did compose part of his scores, those are what sound similar.
And you proved just now how he even copies himself.

3 minutes ago, JTW said:

What exactly about the phrase Co-composed don’t you understand? Zimmer did compose part of his scores, those are what sound similar.
And you proved just now how he even copies himself.

Well, you kept using ghostwriters as if to imply he didn't actually compose any of his work. The phrasing keeps being a problem in terms of trying to discuss these particular topics, so that's the impression I had gotten from your previous posts.

Lol there was room for a big Bond montage and no room for people getting their awards? Okay...that makes sense...

17 minutes ago, JTW said:

We stopped caring because people like Zimmer get these awards. We only care to say why don’t care. We are sad that the Oscars used to mean the most talented people got awarded. Now it’s all about PC. JNH wasn’t even nominated. A person who uses an entire stable of ghostwriters gets the award. We would like to care, but decisions like this make us not care. I don’t see anybody melting down. I see people expressing their opinions. If you don’t like it, that’s your problem.

Cry more. 

Wow, how did Encanto win best animated movie over Flee, that's crazy. 

Encanto isn't even a very good movie. 

37 minutes ago, JTW said:

Please name the composers who won an Oscar and used ghostwriters on those specific scores and name them. Thank you.

Sure. I'll give you two right now:

Joker: Eldad Guetta wrote additional music and was uncredited. Chad Cannon (who wrote some fantastic docu scores) worked on the score as well.

How to Train Your Dragon was nominated for best original score and James McKee Smith, Paul Mounsey, Michael John Mollo all wrote additional music. 

EDIT:

Black Panther: Additional music by Christopher Nightingale 

Soul: Booker White also work as an uncredited composer

No...but it's Disney. So not a surprise at all.

But Flee easily outclasses everything in this category. Just doesn't have the mainstream appeal of a big family movie.

26 minutes ago, KK said:

It should have gone to Greenwood's imo. But I guess Dune fits the "Oscar" bill more than many of his past nominations.

Surprised to see Greg Frasier take home cinematography, but very well deserved! 

I would have loved to see Greenwood win as well, although my favourite thing he wrote for film in the past year was the theme for Licorice Pizza, although his contribution is too short to qualify for award consideration

4 minutes ago, Romão said:

I would have loved to see Greenwood win as well, although my favourite thing he wrote for film in the past year was the theme for Licorice Pizza, although his contribution is too short to qualify for award consideration

I prefer Spencer over POTD. But I thought he should have won with Phantom Thread.

2 minutes ago, Mephariel said:

I prefer Spencer over POTD. But I thought he should have won with Phantom Thread.

Oh without a doubt. That one was fantastic

I also personally preferred Spencer to The Power of the Dog but think all three films this year just showcase his artistry so well, and think he just really deserved the Oscar. 

Was that Chris Evans intro live? If not, how did he know Troy would win the Oscar ahead of time?

5 minutes ago, KK said:

I also personally preferred Spencer to The Power of the Dog but think all three films this year just showcase his artistry so well, and think he just really deserved the Oscar. 

Was that Chris Evans intro live? If not, how did he know Troy would win the Oscar ahead of time?

I think 3 of the nominees really made an impact on me while watching the film:

Greenwood with the finale of Power of the Dog (the scene in the barn). Absolutely unsettling and fitting.

Zimmer with the Sandworm scene (Really tackled multiple elements of spice, sandworm, and the rescue memorably)

Franco - The scene where the family found out about Antonio's gift and the music plays during the festival.

I didn't really care for Don't Look Up score in the film, but I loved it on album actually. Never heard Parallel Mothers.

11 minutes ago, KK said:

He recorded 5 different intros? 

Uhh...how is this speech going on forever into random anecdotes, but Ryusuke Hamaguchi got interrupted 3 times?

Wow this Bruno performance is way more fun than the typical Oscars performances 

Wow I didn't know Kenneth Branagh had never won an Oscar before

Lol I'm confused by this favourite list. How did Minamata even make the list?

Also, you can tell by the awkward applauses after these montages that no one cares for them much.

7 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

I hear Belfast is shitty

Looks like an Irish knockoff of Roma.

That should have been Paul Thomas Anderson's Oscar...shame...really thought he was finally going to get it this year :(

Yikes...that Zimmer moment was a real let-down and a disservice to him. You think Jason Mamoa could have had more ready to say?

Figures.

Hans is a bigger name than most of the folks there and this year they don't televise it.

I am ecstatic.

Certainly he deserves it.

But, the main reason I'm so happy is that whiny,ignorant,  jealous so- called score fans are so Unhappy!

Ha ha ha .

Eat me!😅😜

1 hour ago, HunterTech said:

Well, you kept using ghostwriters as if to imply he didn't actually compose any of his work. The phrasing keeps being a problem in terms of trying to discuss these particular topics, so that's the impression I had gotten from your previous posts.

JTW is an insufferable bore on this subject.

Like many others here and elsewhere.

Maybe,someday, when he is all grown- up  he  will get the message and shut up.

Nothing personal JTW😉

Wow how did they manage to have an opening with these hosts that was actually funny, and then everything else they've done with them, wasn't 

Woah... wtf just happened with Will Smith, that was crazy

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Wow how did they manage to have an opening with these hosts that was actually funny, and then everything else they've done with them, wasn't 

Isn't that usually the case? Outside of the opening, the funniest speeches are usually not from the hosts.

Was that Will Smith punch staged or real, I was in the kitchen 

Puff Daddy music during a Godfather montage, yikes