Intrada Digital Release

I don't know if everyone else already knew, but I just discovered some of these are available in high res!

So far I've found Inchon, Extreme Prejudice, Deepstar 6, Time Bandits, The Amazing Mr. Blunden, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Heavenquest and the re-recordings of Rio Conchos, Ivanhoe, Dial M for Murder, and Black Patch / The Man.

There has definitely been a marked increase in the number of digital releases of scores previously released on CD by the speciality labels. Me likey!

If only LLL and Paramount would reinstate their digital release strategy from a few years back.

On 01/07/2022 at 6:37 PM, A. A. Ron said:

I don't if everyone else already knew, but I just discovered some of these are available in high res!

You can actually bookmark this link to check once a week, it lists every Intrada title on qobuz

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/label/intrada-2/download-streaming-albums/143772?ssf[sortBy]=main_catalog_date_desc

@Jay most of these digital releases are being done through mainstream labels such as Walt Disney Records, Backlot and Madison Gate (although the physical releases were on Intrada).

In any case, I can't see the list on Qobuz as it isn't available in my country.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New additions:

Conti's Lock Up has this all-time champ of an orchestral action stallion that should be on everyone's radar -

One of the best bits of muscle mayhem Conti's come up with, for such a truly terrible/awesome waste of a film (Sutherland!)

17 hours ago, thestat said:

Conti's Lock Up has this all-time champ of an orchestral action stallion that should be on everyone's radar -

One of the best bits of muscle mayhem Conti's come up with, for such a truly terrible/awesome waste of a film (Sutherland!)

I gave the score a listen on Spotify, and this cue is really the only thing I enjoyed, so I thought I'd purchase it on iTunes, only to find that it is one of those "purchase whole album" deals. So annoying.

7 hours ago, May the Force be with You said:

Now that's a terrific addition! One of my favourite Goldsmith

Weirdly, the earlier V/S album is also on digital platforms, so guess they must have some kind of limited rights to this title as an album. Or someone isn't paying attention.

• 6 months later...

Conan The Destroyer now available digitally: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/conan-the-destroyer-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-basil-poledouris/a6j0gpo5kej7b

The digital release contains four additional tracks that are not on Intrada's disc 2:

14. Introduction (03:34)

15. Winds Of The Woods (00:50)

16 Mordor's Four/The Fight/The Dragon (09:28)

17. Mordor's Death/The Ending (03:39)

Anyone familiar with this score knows what those are?

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The digital release contains four additional tracks that are not on Intrada's disc 2:

14. Introduction (03:34)

15. Winds Of The Woods (00:50)

16 Mordor's Four/The Fight/The Dragon (09:28)

17. Mordor's Death/The Ending (03:39)

Anyone familiar with this score knows what those are?

3 hours ago, Jay said:

This is now on digital platforms, and includes the "Sword and Sorcery" suite that was intended to be on the physical CD edition but then left off

Wow! Didn't see this one coming. So MCA/Geffen did not retain perp rights? 

Weirdly the iTunes release only shows 6 tracks: 

IMG_20230310_225507.jpg

Also the Apple Music release is missing some tracks:

Screenshot_2023-03-10-22-59-03-63_b842316e563230167e12cc31f5ffaf19.jpg

And the YouTube link above goes to a page that says not available. 

If I search for it on my YouTube app it does not show at all. Perhaps it's not available in my territory. Wouldn't be the first time.

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

I have more links in my post, maybe one of those will help?

Unfortunately none of those other services are available where I live.

I'm guessing the removal has something to do with the fact that the MCA release is still up. Perhaps Geffen has the mechanical rights still.

Not sure if this is available in all territories but it is on my Spotify - and has been for a few years:

As for Destroyer, only the MCA album is available, so I'm guessing it may be a regional thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2022 at 6:37 PM, A. A. Ron said:

I don't if everyone else already knew, but I just discovered some of these are available in high res!

So far I've found Inchon, Extreme Prejudice, Deepstar 6, Time Bandits, The Amazing Mr. Blunden, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Heavenquest and the re-recordings of Rio Conchos, Ivanhoe, Dial M for Murder, and Black Patch / The Man.

A word of caution.  Several of these releases available in "hi-res" are fake hi-res (e.g., 16-bit audio data simply up-quantized to 24-bit, an original digital recording at 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz upsampled with no gain to 96 kHz or 192 kHz).

I don't think it can be over-emphasised how awesome the Goldsmith Extreme Prejudice release is, including all those film tracks for the bank scene. But this alone is worth any micro-penny you might want to contribute to the Goldsmith estate by streaming it on Spotify:

14 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

Sigggggh. Of course they are. I don't get why labels/retailers are allowed to do this!

Probably a fixed frequency at which Doug Fake works.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, 29944 said:

Medal of Honor - Richard Stone and Mark Watters

Reveal hidden contents

I think that's a BSX/DD release though, isn't it?

3 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

I think that's a BSX/DD release though, isn't it?

Nevermind, you're right, it's listed under the "Dragon's Domain Records" label on Intrada's site.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New additions: (thanks to @JTWfan77 and @Tydirium)

• 5 weeks later...