M. Night Shyamalan's OLD (2021)

Thor

It's a very poorly executed ending that deflates any tension the narrative built up. 

I much prefer the ambiguous graphic novel ending. It's quite disturbing actually. 

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

That's a real shame, as some of the best cinematic experiences are those with ambiguous endings and it can be in the filmmakers' interest as it keeps people talking about the film.

Yeah, it takes a sharp right-turn in the last 10 minutes and painstakingly spells out everything that happened and the motivations behind it (and if you know Shyamalan's writing style, I'm sure you can imagine how hamfisted both the dialogue and delivery is for that reveal).

My understanding is the graphic novel only hints at an explanation for the beach and the rapid aging.

On 5/11/21 at 8:12 AM, Richard Penna said:

The only good thing I have to say about The Happening is JNH's superb score. When saw it way back, it was ok as some background nonsense, but the silliness of the story and the pretty bad acting restricts it from being anything other than a silly B-movie.

I agree but the film works on that B-movie level. It has Shyamalan’s distinct sense of humor and like you said, a great score. Old, on the other hand, is just awful everything, and not in an amusing way.