The Phantom Menace is the best Star Wars score.

BLUMENKOHL

Its up there, but no.

I still find the score to the original Star Wars the best of the lot. It would take a lot indeed to top the score that introduced audiences to Binary Sunset!

41 minutes ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

They feel more cohesive together than they do with their respective trilogies. Thematically you basically get all the highlights of the 9 movies. 

No. There's still a lot of important thematic material not explored in just those three scores, and of course since then Williams had taken...lets call them extracurricular pieces -The Adventures of Han and Galaxy's Edge - which are also part of his body of work for this series.

57 minutes ago, BLUMENKOHL said:

Thematically you basically get all the highlights of the 9 movies. 

Big Imperial March statement? Yoda's Theme? Luke and Leia? Ewoks? Rose's Theme? Across the Stars? Battle of the Heros? Rise of Skywalker (the two themes)? 

51 minutes ago, Smaug The Iron said:

Big Imperial March statement? Yoda's Theme? Luke and Leia? Ewoks? Rose's Theme? Across the Stars? Battle of the Heros? Rise of Skywalker

Not big statements, but the Imperial March and Yoda's theme are in there, alright.

There are still many important themes missing. You couldn't concievably create a comprehensive overture to the series using just those three scores.

I alternate between Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace as my favorite Star Wars score. It's definitely the one that feels most expansive, although some may say it lacks the dramatic highlights of ESB and ROTJ