Indiana Jones 5 Spoilers & Set Photos Thread

Edmilson

Looks like an opening WWII flashback. Fingers crossed!

Spoiler

Didn't one of the leaks from last year indicate the Kasdan script focused on the Wałbrzych gold train (the supposed Nazi gold train)?

Would be interesting if that wound up being the teaser, combined into a flashback. They love recycling ideas from past scripts in this series. It even looks like the same location:

Złoty_Pociąg,_Golden_Train_Wa%

Spoiler

Would be cool to open with a big train chase involving a Nazi train filled with artifacts.

Thematically it makes sense and it's based on historical fact of the Nazis looting artwork, statues, etc. They can introduce younger versions of all the major villains here, then flash forward to modern day where something from this event sets a new adventure in motion.

It also explains why they'd be filming at a castle nearby, if the film opens with Nazis plundering artifacts and loading them onto a train.

Maybe it's a flashback that ties into the main story.  A "present day" secret Nazi cult that survived (no doubt hiding in Argentina) and is dedicated to recovering an artifact stolen by Jones during the war that will help revive the Thousand-Year Reich or something like that.

Either way, given Spielberg's reported very "hands on" involvement as producer, it’s a surprise (though a welcome one to be sure) they're doing Nazis at all. Didn't The Baseball Cap say he was done with them as villains?

15 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

Didn't The Baseball Cap say he was done with them as villains?

He said he can't do cartoon Nazis after having made Schindler's List.

I get it. There are few things I love more then The Last Crusade, but that whole sequence with Hitler is weird...

1 hour ago, Nick1066 said:

But if we had to have more Indy films, I'm glad they're getting another crack at the whip because ending on that last abomination was not a good look. 

To me, there are two issues that make me conceptually uninterested: The first, as you said, is that it should have ended with The Last Crusade, and I'm perfectly happy to leave it there.

The second is Ford's age. He was probably about as old as you would like in The Last Crusade, and in my view was already too old in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull; and not only am I not interested in seeing these kinds of swashbuckling characters in their old age, it also poses a problem. I mean, why was Mutt even in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? Because you needed someone other than Indy to carry at least some of the action. They're gonna have the same problem here, and I don't see a way out of it, other than benching Indy entirely, which is not something I'm interested in seeing.

7 hours ago, crumbs said:

Apparently these markings on coach carriages were used by the Nazis on gold/loot trains during WWII.

Awesome concept for an opening teaser, and thematically fitting for an Indy film.

The film I have mentioned on the previous page opened with exactly that - action scenes around a Nazi vessel fleeing with a treasure in 1945.

Then fast forward to 1970 with Argentine Nazis wanting to restore the Reich, the introduction of an older main hero, and an ensuing intrigue and hunt for the treasure.

My sources tell me there will be a Star Wars tie in. It's well known that Bellosh is an anagram for Bosh Ell. And if that's not a name for a Star Wars alien, I don't know what is.

Just now, Nick1066 said:

My sources tell me there will be a Star Wars tie in. It's well known that Bellosh is an anagram for Bosh Ell. And if that's not a name for a Star Wars alien, I don't know what is.

Sounds to me more like a cousin of Superman. 

I think it is a shame the franchise did not continue during the 90's. Now in the end we have two old indy features and even worse Spielberg is not the director. There could have been another trilogy in the 90's with different directors. And that would have been three williams scores in his prime.

:(

An Indy score with Williams having his mid/late-90s sensibilities would have been very interesting. 

But, at the end of the day, while we can always look at what could have been, we can also sit back and think about how we just as easily could have gotten no new Indy films/scores entirely after TLC. And here we are lucky enough to be able to anticipate the fifth one with Ford and Williams at the helm. 

8 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

An Indy score with Williams having his mid/late-90s sensibilities would have been very interesting. 

Yeah that seems like a missed opportunity. Just imagine the variations on the Raiders March we would've gotten around JW's TPM era.

8 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I think it is a shame the franchise did not continue during the 90's. Now in the end we have two old indy features and even worse Spielberg is not the director. There could have been another trilogy in the 90's with different directors. And that would have been three williams scores in his prime.

:(

It's safe to say the Young Indy series and the Prequels prevented Indy movies in the 90s.

But I love the Young Indy series and wouldn't trade it for any Indy movie in the 90s.  It was an incredible accomplishment and a very endearing take on the character.

But yeah, 90s Indy score....that would've been something.

Some spoilers here for what is I assume to be the start of the movie.

Spoiler

Stuntman spotted on set riding around on a motorcycle wearing a Harrison Ford mask. Looks like we'll finally be getting some Indy WWII action. Seems like the rumors of there being some scenes with a de-aged Ford proved correct. Love the idea of starting out with the past, presumably with Ford perhaps meeting a younger Mads Mikkelsen, and then picking up the story in the late-60s. Really surreal to see this thing finally happening.

43888493-0-image-m-155_1622981351133.jpg

43888489-9657127-Dead_of_night_-m-166_16

43888491-0-image-a-151_1622979290742.jpg

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9657127/Indiana-Jones-5-shoots-scenes-dead-night-North-Yorkshire-Moors.html

3 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

Possible flashback scene to Indy running missions in World War 2?

Seems likely, yeah!

Can't wait to hear the cue for that sequence, if it results in a train chase.

1 hour ago, Nick1066 said:

Anyone think there's a chance the MacGuffin in this film is a rare antiquity that does not have a supernatural element?

Possible. That would be a first for the films. I feel they gotta have a dash of the supernatural in these films though. 

6 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Ladies and gentlemen, the man with the hat is back...

Reveal hidden contents

Ah, the stuntman with the Harrison Ford mask.

The pants he’s wearing there are definitely not the same color khakis he’s worn in the previous films. I like when there’s subtle differences in his outfit from film to film.

All these sneaky photos taken. I would think this big of a film would have more security.

And if it’s an employee they’re gonna get canned so fast and the pants sued off them to boot. Wasn’t that the case on Crystal Skull? Some VFX guy leaked chunks of the film or concept art or something and got destroyed by Spielberg and the studio(?) I seem to recall something like that happening...

1 hour ago, WampaRat said:

And if it’s an employee they’re gonna get canned so fast and the pants sued off them to boot. Wasn’t that the case on Crystal Skull? Some VFX guy leaked chunks of the film or concept art or something and got destroyed by Spielberg and the studio(?) I seem to recall something like that happening...

I think a dancer spoiled that he was involved in a Russian dance number in the middle of a jungle, which supposedly left Spielberg furious. It was trimmed down to a single shot in the final cut, basically just in the background.

19 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I think a dancer spoiled that he was involved in a Russian dance number in the middle of a jungle, which supposedly left Spielberg furious. It was trimmed down to a single shot in the final cut, basically just in the background.

I imagine it was something like this

It's a shame they cut it

2 hours ago, WampaRat said:

All these sneaky photos taken. I would think this big of a film would have more security.

If they're on location, there's not a lot they can do about it.

Disney and Lucasfilm have a pretty good track record of keeping stuff off-camera if they want to.  Seeing Ford in the uniform is probably fine to them - part of the hype machine for the movie, even.

That said, who knows what will leak eventually.  So…

20 hours ago, Jay said:

Do people think we should begin a parallel thread for discussion of leaked set photos (a spoiler thread basically), leaving this one to be spoiler-free?

Yes