Indiana Jones 5 Spoilers & Set Photos Thread

Edmilson

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Disney and Lucasfilm have a pretty good track record of keeping stuff off-camera if they want to.  Seeing Ford in the uniform is probably fine to them - part of the hype machine for the movie, even.

That said, who knows what will leak eventually.  So…

Yes

Yeah I really don't think anything major has leaked at this point. Nothing that wouldn't have been revealed in trailers or officially.

I wouldn't be surprised if they post a proper photo of Harrison in costume over the next few days to announce production has commenced (Spielberg did that on KOCS didn't he?)

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I was wondering if anyone was going to answer my question! 

Yeah it would be a good idea to separate the threads.

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they post a proper photo of Harrison in costume over the next few days to announce production has commenced (Spielberg did that on KOCS didn't he?)

Maybe on June 12th to coincide with the 40th anniversary of Raiders being released?

I'm sure ILM have spent the last year fine-tuning the system specifically for Ford.

I thought the work on Ant-Man a couple of years back with Michael Douglas was exemplary. Luke Skywalker on the Mandalorian... not so much.

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Luke Skywalker on the Mandalorian... not so much.

That was terrible. Killed the moment for me.

The app needs to be so good that people say "I don't know how they did it but that is Indiana Jones".

Luke on Mandalorian was awful indeed.

I don't know how a movie released in 2015 (and thus probably made in 2014) has a better CGI character than a high budget TV show released in 2020. Shouldn't this things get better with time?

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Luke on Mandalorian was awful indeed.

I don't know how a movie released in 2015 (and thus probably made in 2014) has a better CGI character than a high budget TV show released in 2020. Shouldn't this things get better with time?

The budget for a single episode of TV, even one as high as The Mandalorian, still pales in comparison to the budget of a full blockbuster movie.

As a result, due to budget constraints, Luke in the Mandalorian isn’t even fully CGI - it’s a form of deepfake using ILM’s proprietary tech they’ve been developing 

The difference is that Douglas was on set and was then deaged whereas Hamil wasn't on the Mandalorian set and it was a standin who had Hamil's face put on afterwards (like Carrie Fisher's appearance in Rogue One). With Ford actually on set and filming this shouldn't be a problem and Marvel's/Disney deaging tech will hopefully be in full display and highlighted.  

Mangold has experience with de-age tech and with digital doubles from his work on Logan, which I think were pulled off incredibly well. I have faith he'll be able to pull off the de-aging required for Ford with similar success. 

As mentioned, if the de-aging is as good as it was in Ant-Man and Guardians 2 then the opening flashback action should be fine. What they'll do about Ford's age for the rest of the movie remains to be seen, I guess. 

On 6/8/2021 at 12:45 PM, mstrox said:

Disney and Lucasfilm have a pretty good track record of keeping stuff off-camera if they want to.  Seeing Ford in the uniform is probably fine to them - part of the hype machine for the movie, even.

I wonder if Disney isn't as worried about spoilers/on-set stuff for Indy as they are for SW. But given that they're filming on location, yes, accepting that some harmless photos will leak is just part of the hype machine, and they'd be causing problems for themselves if they tried to block images being published.

Yeah it's all pretty harmless stuff so far. I think everyone has wanted to see an Indy WW2 flashback so I can't imagine they're upset about that leaking.

Nor Ford in costume, which has everyone pumped. Would like to see him without a mask on!

7 minutes ago, Anthony said:

"Confirmed rumour" as in "it was a rumour but it's now confirmed to be fact", or it's "confirmed as only being a rumour"?

It's rumoured to be a confirmed factual rumour, based on a rumour of fact. First reported here.

I really do believe Mangold would not have taken this project if Indy/Ford's age wasn't handled tastefully with script and story.

I'm sure he'd be the first person to ask how they're gonna handle his age via story.

On 6/10/2021 at 3:20 PM, Edmilson said:

James Mangold liked both these tweets!

r/indianajones - James Mangold (director of Indy 5) liked both these tweets!

Let's hope Mangold liking these is a sign that he will do just that!

I do wonder how smaller scale would affect how the score sounds, particularly with the action music

Every action scene will be scored by a quartet and a harmonica. Recorded sounds of Indiana Jones actual house will be then be incorporated. It will be deemed “revolutionary” and sweep all the major awards. 

1 hour ago, WampaRat said:

Like the rumbling piano bits scattered throughout Empire Strikes Back :) Those would be cool to have. Also a low rumbling piano finishes of Irina’s theme I believe.

Or give us some Horner Pianos crashing!

Williams should let the last ten minutes be his Scherzo for Piano and Orchestra--blow the audiences' mind.  

17 minutes ago, Romão said:

I hadn't realised Toby Jones was in this. Was he ever announced?

No, but what a great addition!

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

If you paste a younger Indy's face on him, you'd never know it's a much older actor.

jqj9bm6d5p471.jpg

The trick will be on the movements and the voice.

3 minutes ago, Muad'Dib said:
1 hour ago, crumbs said:

The trick will be on the movements and the voice.

And...to be honest...his torso...

(Maybe it’s because he wears his pants higher? Lol)

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this. I’m always amazed at how they’re able dress/transform existing locations and then put it all back to normal after.

I wonder if it’s supposed to stand in for Chicago? Those pillars could be for the Marshal College Dr. Jones teaches at(?)