Indiana Jones 5 Spoilers & Set Photos Thread

Edmilson

On 08/10/2021 at 5:57 AM, JohnnyD said:

13 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Really cool to see Ford in costume having fun with fans. Can you tell he likes this role more than Han Solo? :lol:

59alfvlkzfs71.jpg

Soorry, I may have missed something but did nobody notice that

Spoiler

that stunt dude is dressed as Henry Jones Sr.

Just having some cosplay fun or is there something to this? I just hope we are not getting

Spoiler

CGI Sean Connery

Also interesting that Harrison Ford is the only one in the set photos that seemingly does not ever have to wear a mask? What's up with that?

18 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

It is a fan dressed as connery, the other indys are fans too.

'Spose it would help if I actually read the caption above the photo LOL :D

31 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

Also interesting that Harrison Ford is the only one in the set photos that seemingly does not ever have to wear a mask? What's up with that?

Don't you remember which cup he drank of in TLC?

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

Literally a few posts up...

5 hours ago, crumbs said:

Pretty sure it's the stunt double behind Indy here (how great does he look in the costume in this setting??)

245044921_348430203633470_2987347676989781193_n.jpg

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Funny they couldn't go to real locations for KotCS, but now during COVID it's barely an inconvenience.

They did go to real locations for KotCS. They just didn't go outside of the US.

1 hour ago, oierem said:

They did go to real locations for KotCS. They just didn't go outside of the US.

And everything looks fake thanks to the hideous stylised filters Kaminski slathered on his photography. 

50 minutes ago, crumbs said:

And everything looks fake thanks to the hideous stylised filters Kaminski slathered on his photography. 

Which could also happen in this film. 

18 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I just checked who is the cinematograper for this movie and it's a two time Academy Award nominee:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phedon_Papamichael

I hope his work here will be inspired by Slocombe.

He shot NEBRASKA. That's good enough, for me 😀

5 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

There is some footage on Instagram of the actual car pursuit. This has the potential of being a classic JW action scherzo.

Absolutely! I'm as excited to see how JW wlll score these sequences as I am to see the film!

Looks a hell of a lot more inspired than KOCS, purely based on locations alone.

Can't wait to hear how JW approaches a globetrotting adventure film in his late 80s, at the same time he's journeying across continents himself.

So I don't know how many people here are familiar with ViewerAnon but he's a semi-insider who's been reliable for awhile, he would spill DC and Star Wars details on Reddit and get shit for it until he was consistently proven right...

So anyway, he just tweeted this and I'm still gonna put it under spoiler tags because in the above average likelihood that he's accurate, pretty insane

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Ha! Incredibly, super lame if true. Hope it's wrong. 

Yeah, me too. I’d figured KotCS took enough heat for the aliens at the end to guarantee no one would try to incorporate something so “sci-fi”-esque into an Indy property ever again.

However, one caveat to my disdain here would be if the movie involves people attempting to figure out time travel—and not getting anywhere with it because it’s impossible and they just haven’t realized it yet. That could be an intriguing plot device, I dunno.

I dunno, the idea of Indy in the 70s doesn't do much for me, if time travel can get him back to the 30s and fun times with the nazis I could get behind it. 

28 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

The Nazis are going to bring back Hitler! 

Yeah if this rumour is true, that's my prediction too. The story would revolve around present-day Nazis changing the course of history and save Hitler from dying.

From memory the Darabont script for Indy 4 involved Nazis trying to resurrect Hitler too.

1 hour ago, Bayesian said:

However, one caveat to my disdain here would be if the movie involves people attempting to figure out time travel—and not getting anywhere with it because it’s impossible and they just haven’t realized it yet.

This. We generally only understand the true power of the McGuffin in the climax (and it invariably goes horribly wrong for the baddies).

Indy's not going to be jumping through time like Doctor Who; it's likely just the plot device to explain why everyone is chasing the McGuffin.

It's also worth pointing out that time travel rumours were abound for Rise of Skywalker too, as the plot device which explained Palpatine's return. All those rumours amounted to nothing (more likely some crew member who saw scenes with Palpatine, Han, young Luke/Leia, etc. then incorrectly joined the dots).

9 hours ago, crumbs said:

Yeah if this rumour is true, that's my prediction too. The story would revolve around present-day Nazis changing the course of history and save Hitler from dying.

Present day?  You think the film is set in 2022?  Indy would be 123 years old!

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

Present day?  You think the film is set in 2022?  Indy would be 103 years old!

Come on Jay, you know what I meant. "Present day" in the context of the film's 1969 setting.

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

Present day?  You think the film is set in 2022?  Indy would be 103 years old!

Wait, this doesn't even make sense. That would mean Indy was 18 years old in The Last Crusade! :lol:

Well, they certainly seem to be filming scenes set very far in the past - whether that's because characters will literally time travel to there and observe, or it's just shown as a flashback remains to be seen

https://www.reddit.com/r/IndianaJonesLeaks/comments/q857wh/new_images_shows_roman_boats_and_soldiers/

Is Antonio Banderas playing Archimedes?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Wouldn't time travel indicate they don't need to de-age him? 

True. I think it's more likely the film takes place across many different eras before landing in 1969. TLC opened with a flashback too, so it's not unusual. 

Hence Ford being de-aged for the Germany and Scotland sequences.

4 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

That was a prologue.  The rest of the movie is technically a flashforward

Haha, well if you want to get technical about it, maybe the film opens with an extended prologue, Fellowship of the Ring style. 

1. McGuffin origins in ancient times

2. WW2 castle siege, the Nazi train chase

3. Unknown time period with younger Indy at Scottish castle and unknown artifact

I think whatever artifact is established in the prologue will lead to the overall McGuffin, like the Medallion in Raiders. 

Just like The Mummy films! ;)

Rewatching The Wolverine tonight, that film was also filled with time jumps/flashbacks, with an extended prologue in WWII establishing Logan's relationship with a young Japanese soldier. The main plot revolves around the older version in present day though.

alright those Roman soldier photos are really something!

Well if it's NOT a time travel film and they follow suit by NOT doing flashback scenes (without Indy), then it leads me to believe that it's a set piece on a film being made within this movie.  And that could lead to some fun scene with Indy and whomever is after him.

But maybe this movie breaks the mold and actually has a serious scene with flashbacks to that time period when discussing whatever history there is.

I honestly don't know.

But I'm so interested.

On 15/10/2021 at 2:33 PM, Disco Stu said:

I'm now imagining an alternate universe where the immediate sequel to Pee-wee's Big Adventure is a Pee-wee time travel comedy (directed by Burton).

Instead of a circus movie about Pee-Wee's infidelity (as shown through graphic imagery of women mudwrestling)