Indiana Jones 5 Spoilers & Set Photos Thread

Edmilson

11 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Instead of a circus movie about Pee-Wee's infidelity (as shown through graphic imagery of women mudwrestling) 

Yes.  I’ve actually often wondered what it would have been like if the creative team behind Big Adventure had reunited for the sequel (including Phil Hartman).  Goes down as one of the great lost opportunities IMO

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Yes.  I’ve actually often wondered what it would have been like if the creative team behind Big Adventure had reunited for the sequel (including Phil Hartman).  Goes down as one of the great lost opportunities IMO

I like Big Tip Pee Wee better than the first

Time Travel, I'm telling you since 5 years!!!

Nobody listen to me here!!!!

I know Indiana Jones like If I was his father... well or uncle!

On 19/10/2021 at 11:43 AM, crumbs said:

Temple of Segesta:

harrison-ford-and-phoebe-wallerbridge-ar

Castellammare del Golfo:

harrison-ford-is-seen-on-the-set-of-indi

harrison-ford-and-antonio-banderas-are-s

harrison-ford-and-antonio-banderas-are-s

harrison-ford-and-other-actors-are-seen-

harrison-ford-and-other-actors-are-seen-

Seems like they need a boat:

More pics here.

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

These are the only set photos I can find from the shoot in Fez, Morocco thus far:

e83140892e.jpg

tournage-film-Indiana-Jones.jpg

Same area before set dressing:

fez-morocco-jan-view-buildings-street-me

The immediate shooting districts are Mellah and Bab Semmarine. Here's some generic photos of these areas:

Bab_Semmarine_Fez.jpg

le-mellah-quartier-juif-ou-fes-fes-maroc

crowds-mellah-fez-morocco-shutterstock_3

June 30, 2023… June 30, 2023… Still hard to believe. I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited for a film coming out since Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Seeing these photos of the filming and locations just gets me more and more excited to see the film, and there isn’t even in a trailer yet! Not to mention that in a few days or weeks, Maestro John Williams will begin composing the score.

So just to get caught up- they are still filming and continuing on as if the movie were being released next summer? But Disney is just going to keep it in the can until 2023?

As much as I hate waiting- knowing the film will at least be complete makes it easier. Rather than shutting down production:

1 minute ago, WampaRat said:

So just to get caught up- they are still filming and continuing on as if the movie were being released next summer? But Disney is just going to keep it in the can until 2023?

Yea

Especially with Disney who has so many releases across their studios and franchises in a year, any time one movie gets delayed, it causes a ripple effect in the whole schedule.  They don’t want to compete with themselves for box office money and awareness via marketing, etc.

They’re also hoping, I’m sure, for COVID-era comfort levels to be higher re: theatrical releases by then.

Morocco shoot looking good! Appears to be second unit, as Ford is still in Italy.

Love the lighting in this shot:

image.png

Look who's sporting their Last Crusade tie again? :)

image.png

A chase scene through the streets of Morocco with motorbikes, tuk tuks and vintage cars... ummm, yes please!

image.png

image.png

image.png

Just think of JW's music for all this stuff... :wub:

27 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

ah that's so awesome!  and a little strange for me, because yesterday i was literally thinking about how KOTCS lacked some outfits for Indy (besides the suit for teaching (which is in every film)/getting married)

Let's hope there's more!!

Certainly a tradition in all the sequels that one action sequence has him outside his standard costume. He has plenty of costume changes in Raiders too. Looks like this film continues that tradition with the Parade chase.

I just hope it feels "lived in" like the original 3. That freshly laundered costume in KOCS was too pristine, an obvious costume on a movie set. There's something guerilla about those original films, in the heat of real overseas locations, where it looks like Ford wore the same clothes for most of the shoot, complete with all the dirt, creases and sweat that came with it.

You get that in Sri Lanka, Spain and Tunisia. You certainly don't get that feeling from a Los Angeles backlot.

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

A bigger offender to the lack of creativity beyond the minimal outfits was the lack of international location shooting

agreed but both are kind of tied together....cool new location....cool new outfit

this movie is already on the right track

11 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

It only just occured to me that TLC featured 5 chase sequences (train, boats, motorcycles, airplane/car, horse/tank).

And so far we know about 4 different chase sequences for Indy 5.

Nazi train chase (flashback), New York horse/bike chase, Italy car chase, Morocco car chase.

Certainly lots of potential for JW's score!

On 28/10/2021 at 11:10 AM, crumbs said:

And so far we know about 4 different chase sequences for Indy 5.

Nazi train chase (flashback), New York horse/bike chase, Italy car chase, Morocco car chase.

I bet Williams won't include in the official OST the music for at least one of these sequences... :( 

15 hours ago, Bellosh said:

KOTCS: Regular Outfit, Professor Outfit, Marriage Suit

He was jacketless in nevada. And nude after the nuke 😅.

you forgot bathrobe in last crusade after boat chase

8 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

He was jacketless in nevada. And nude after the nuke 😅.

you forgot bathrobe in last crusade after boat chase

lol good catches. i hastily threw my list together at work.

4 hours ago, crumbs said:

But I take @Bellosh's general point that all 3 are interchangeable; just subtle variations on the same suit and colour scheme.

precisely. but even the slight changes are nice

On 28/10/2021 at 12:52 AM, crumbs said:

Better photo of the Morocco costume:

Screenshot_20211028-155054_Instagram.jpg

I dont know why but it just makes me happy seeing the costume with a tie again. I always enjoyed those fun little tweaks to Indy's look. 

i remember reading a comment/post about the tie in The Last Crusade was just to impress his father.  after all these years i never came to that conclusion, i always thought it was another part of his attire.  makes so much sense though!

6 hours ago, Bellosh said:

i remember reading a comment/post about the tie in The Last Crusade was just to impress his father.  after all these years i never came to that conclusion, i always thought it was another part of his attire.  makes so much sense though!

This actually makes sense now. For some reason I always assumed he kept the tie just because it was there, not realizing he had to take off the suit and then put on the Indy gear and then finally attach the tie. This is a pretty cool little fact.

• 1 month later...

So…do we think Indy will die in this one?

If the theories about time travel are to be believed, I’d love for him to “sacrifice” himself by having to stay back in another time somehow ala Doc Brown ;)  I think that would seem fitting for him.

Kinda bring Belloqs comment full circle. “What a fitting end to your life's pursuits. You're about to become a permanent addition to this archaeological find. Who knows? In a thousand years, even you may be worth something.”

On 23/12/2021 at 4:30 PM, WampaRat said:

So…do we think Indy will die in this one?

The tone of Indiana Jones doesn't really lend itself to a Logan-esque martyric, sacrificial death.

10 hours ago, Chen G. said:

The tone of Indiana Jones doesn't really lend itself to a Logan-esque martyric, sacrificial death.

yeah. I wouldn’t think so. But who knows these days. All these “legacy sequels” have these classic heroes grizzled and “traumatized” by their past adventures lol. 

I don’t see Indy dying. But I could definitely be ok with him ending up stuck in an ancient era for the remainder of his days. Get to live in the past he only studied about in books. (Assuming Marion is dead and he’s got no more tethers to his current era). But I’d be ok with him living to. Just gimme a GOOD FILM please 🙏