Indiana Jones 5 Spoilers & Set Photos Thread

Edmilson

2 hours ago, WampaRat said:

yeah. I wouldn’t think so. But who knows these days. All these “legacy sequels” have these classic heroes grizzled and “traumatized” by their past adventures lol. 

Weak heroes.

That's become a borderline cliche, honestly. I'm mildly dreading how Jurassic World: Dominion will approach Grant/Saddler/Malcolm.

I have a sneaking suspicion Mangold will avoid that and just treat the character the same way Spielberg did, potentially with a Skyfall/Wrath of Khan-esque subplot about ageism and Indy being 'past his prime.'

At the very least, it seems he's maintaining the comedic edge of previous films.

On 24/12/2021 at 6:43 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

I knew i should have watched no time to die already….

damn

Apologies, dude. Assumed that after its Autumn cinema release and it now being available for home-watching on both on-demand services and physical media, I was safe to post without using the 'spoiler' thingy.    

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone posted pictures of the “chronos clock”? I’m in an Indiana Jones Facebook group and someone posted pictures of used props and replicas and he posted pictures of this one…I remember seeing mentions of a clock but wasn’t sure if it was mentioned here.

F0EEA9B2-A155-434F-8882-5B6F68866703.png

73F62E95-66AF-435B-BCC5-8A4CFB09FD36.png

3 hours ago, Brando said:

Has anyone posted pictures of the “chronos clock”? I’m in an Indiana Jones Facebook group and someone posted pictures of used props and replicas and he posted pictures of this one…I remember seeing mentions of a clock but wasn’t sure if it was mentioned here.

F0EEA9B2-A155-434F-8882-5B6F68866703.png

73F62E95-66AF-435B-BCC5-8A4CFB09FD36.png

I hear that the bad guy's tagline is "Call me, if you have the time."

Guys, this is the spoiler thread, you don't need spoiler blocks here.

This thread exists to discuss spoilers openly.

There are other threads for general news that isn't spoilers

4 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:
  Hide contents

I believe there are photos of people in different armours or somethings from different ages in history

Yeah but there's not exactly a photo of Indy alongside them. And wouldn't the dots on his face in various sequences (meaning he will be digitally deaged) indicate a film that takes place across multiple time periods, rather than old Indy travelling through time? 

This is need from before this thread was started, so apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere before.

The new logo for Indians Jones 5, do you think they’ll stick to it?

I much prefer the original one and don’t really see a need to update the branding here, but I guess they want to signal that this is not the “old” Indiana but a “new” Indiana.

But why though? Isn’t the old movies the reason that will get butts in the seats at the cinema?

Oh, well.

Anyohow, let’s hope they - at least - are consistent and not mess up how they handled the logo during the promotion for Crystal Skull.

But I doubt it.

C6400CAF-BCF5-4A65-859E-27AFCEA69B1E.jpeg

4 hours ago, rough cut said:

This is need from before this thread was started, so apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere before.

The new logo for Indians Jones 5, do you think they’ll stick to it?

I much prefer the original one and don’t really see a need to update the branding here, but I guess they want to signal that this is not the “old” Indiana but a “new” Indiana.

But why though? Isn’t the old movies the reason that will get butts in the seats at the cinema?

Oh, well.

Anyohow, let’s hope they, at least, are consistent and not mess up how they handled the logo during the promotion for Crystal Skull.

But I doubt it.

C6400CAF-BCF5-4A65-859E-27AFCEA69B1E.jpeg

I feel like they’ll probably go back to the OG logo for the trailers. Seeing as how we now probably have to wait almost a year for at least a teaser, this is what it’ll be. From what Mangold has been saying and that he’s really wanting to do justice, I don’t think he’d use this for the trailers.

Yeah, but that's kind of also my point.

Why even use one logo in the film, and then another logo to promote it?

Or looking furher down the road, would they put only the new logo on a box set containing all five movies (or scores)? Or only the old logo?

I think it's funny how they "updated" the logo for the promo poster for Crystal Skull (OK, I concede, in very subtle ways) but then backtracked and used the old logo for the cinematic poster - and all forthcoming promotion material.

Spoiler

2008-indiana_jones_and_the_kingdom_of_the_crystal_skull-1-1.jpg

25355_2157085.jpg

Now this I can dig into!

The blue logo - from the Czech poster of Temple Of Doom - is a wonderful example of local marketing before global marketing was a practice. From a personal point of view, I love this. But from a branding point of view it makes more sense to consolidate all branding messages.

For the different logos on the comics - old as though they are - I can still a point in creating a visual alternative (for these “spin offs”), where you’d want to stay connected to the core brand but still want them to be just a little bit different from each other. I still see this being used in modern practice.

As for the promo logo, I love it! It’s clearly from before the brand had settled. Kind of like how the Star Wars logo was different for the first poster in 1977. It can also as I be said about that time that brand consistency was not really a thing yet. 😊

But we know better now, right? Right… ? 😂

Spoiler

4B737EA6-B62B-4882-9A13-53A71FFA521C.jpeg

4 hours ago, rough cut said:

Now this I can dig into!

The blue logo - from the Czech poster of Temple Of Doom - is a wonderful example of local marketing before global marketing was a practice. From a personal point of view, I love this. But from a branding point of view it makes more sense to consolidate all branding messages.

For the different logos on the comics - old as though they are - I can still a point in creating a visual alternative (for these “spin offs”), where you’d want to stay connected to the core brand but still want them to be just a little bit different from each other. I still see this being used in modern practice.

As for the promo logo, I love it! It’s clearly from before the brand had settled. Kind of like how the Star Wars logo was different for the first poster in 1977. It can also as I be said about that time that brand consistency was not really a thing yet. 😊

But we know better now, right? Right… ? 😂

Hide contents

4B737EA6-B62B-4882-9A13-53A71FFA521C.jpeg

Yeah that was my overall feeling about these early variations. They’re cool to see. It was a different time. And we know better now.

And frankly, I feel they’re all better designed then  the “new” logo that RoughCut shared. That one just feels…off. 

I don't think it was ever announced if it has. They may still be going. 

7 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

63ACEB3E-AFF3-46DF-BB9A-673DD09A0B9E.jpeg

Reminds me of the posters for two of my favorite movies by the director Wojciech J Has, also Polish...

1499aea0702d97fb4db2aaeff1d9d278.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZAWSGEB332YtpzWQTO8k

9 hours ago, crypto said:

I really can't see how JW started back in October unless he just scored a few isolated sequences. They would've barely been halfway through photography at that stage.

Yeah, I wonder with the delay if Williams did not start Fablemans first and then will begin Indy in late Feb.  Of course, the former is not even confirmed, so who knows.  

That cannot be a costume from the film... can it?!

Now I'm totally confused! The same actor has been spotted in Morocco, Italy and the New York chase :lol:

Glasgow (doubling for New York):

skynews-cast-member-medical-attention_54

I00004GkfUjVk.U0.jpg

Fez, Morocco:

dutch-bodybuilder-actor-olivier-richters

May be an image of 1 person, standing and outdoors

Cefalu, Sicily:

q35hn8ckn8s71.jpg

22 minutes ago, crypto said:

Maybe the same actor is playing multiple characters, Pat Roach style (just in the one film instead of across a trilogy).

17 minutes ago, crypto said:

I just hope Mangold continues the trend and gives the "muscle" character a grizzly death scene :lol:

All his characters!