Jump to content

John Williams and Anne-Sophie Mutter @ Carnegie Hall (New York, NY) - April 21, 2022


TownerFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Since it is Carnegie Hall, I’m going formal.

On 3/2/2022 at 12:55 PM, ilovewemusicals said:

SPOILER

 

Set list has been added to the Carnegie Hall website:

 

ALL-JOHN WILLIAMS PROGRAM

"Sound the Bells!" 

Violin Concerto No. 2 (NY Premiere) - 32 mins long

"Flight to Neverland" from Hook

Excerpts from Close Encounters of the Third Kind

"Donnybrook" from Far & Away

Theme from Cinderella Liberty

Hedwig’s Theme from Harry Potter

"Throne Room" and Finale from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope


Sweet! Did I mention how excited I am to see the Maestro at Carnegie Hall?!?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any chance of still being able to score tickets for this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

For those who have been to Carnegie Hall before, are you allowed to video record concerts? I was thinking of possibly recording the concert on my phone as a keepsake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just as well. I'd rather just be in the moment and enjoy this once-in-a-life time experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone who wants a unique experience, there is an option to RSVP for the gala dinner after the concert, but there is limited availability… and one ticket is $2,500. The concert alone is an experience in and of itself, but if you can afford it, then the concert and gala dinner is quite an experience. The guest of honor at said gala dinner… the Maestro himself!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is too much money to spend. If I save up enough, I may. I’m not ruling it out immediately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/02/2022 at 5:29 AM, Marian Schedenig said:

 

1) I cannot imagine Carnegie Hall allowing it.

2) I cannot imagine the performers allowing it.

3) If Anne-Sophie Mutter sees you, she will stop the concert. And possibly kill you.

 

A friend of mine was sitting next to her in Berlin and she apparently threw a huge fit when a lady was recording during the concert.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

A friend of mine was sitting next to her in Berlin and she apparently threw a huge fit when a lady was recording during the concert.

 

Yes, that was quite the story after the concert, and I was half alluding to it with my third point. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

What happened after the concert? 

 

The story that WilliamsStarShip mentioned made the rounds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honorary Gala Chairs

Mercedes T. Bass
Diane von Furstenberg and Barry Diller
Yo-Yo Ma
Hope and Robert F. Smith
Steven Spielberg
Barbra Streisand
 

- wondering if this means Spielberg and Streisand could be in attendance.  Can you imagine?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesterday, I received the official concert information in the mail, including the RSVP for the gala dinner. Sweet! A few more weeks to go!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Four people's dreams are about to come true!

 

Keep a watchful eye on the CH event ticket page over the coming hours for the following seats, which should become available any minute now:

 

- Balcony Center: RA, S37 ($103)

- Balcony Center: RB S13, S15 (next to each other, $206 or $103ea.)

- 2nd Tier Center: R46, S6 ($178)

https://www.carnegiehall.org/Cart/Event-Seating?itemNumber=40210#/seatmap

 

Hope it's a wonderful night for you should any JWFan-ers end up getting one of these :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Potterhead said:

what's the chance we get encore music after the set playlist 

Not sure but I can let you know after the concert on the 19th lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Potterhead said:

what's the chance we get encore music after the set playlist 

 

I certainly hope there will be multiple encores! And I expect there will be some -- virtually every JW concert in recent memory has included at least two encores, as best I can remember.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like George Lucas has been added as of me of the Honorary Gala chairs. Any chance he’ll attend? Very much looking forward to this event either way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, DexterJ said:

It looks like George Lucas has been added as of me of the Honorary Gala chairs. Any chance he’ll attend? Very much looking forward to this event either way

They also added "The Duel" from The Adventures of Tintin for Violin and Orchestra in the setlist. Also I don't see a reason why they all would not be in the audience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2022 at 11:49 AM, Potterhead said:

They also added "The Duel" from The Adventures of Tintin for Violin and Orchestra in the setlist. Also I don't see a reason why they all would not be in the audience. 

weep, I guess nobody cares

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A handful of rather close seats just opened up. I was able to upgrade to front and center, which blew my mind. Had to call the box office to see if I could convert my current tickets to the new ones (since they’re the same price), but was told I had to buy the new tickets and then go through a refund process for the old ones, which involved emailing Carnegie a picture of them torn in half. A bit convoluted, but well worth it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rpvee said:

A handful of rather close seats just opened up. I was able to upgrade to front and center, which blew my mind. Had to call the box office to see if I could convert my current tickets to the new ones (since they’re the same price), but was told I had to buy the new tickets and then go through a refund process for the old ones, which involved emailing Carnegie a picture of them torn in half. A bit convoluted, but well worth it!

It's surprising, especially considering that the concert was sold out for quite a while, so I heard.

My guess is people are having last minute scheduling issues or positive tests or what have you...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So excited!

 

Did anyone here splurge on the after party? I wonder if attendees will really get the chance to meet Williams and get pictures/autographs. Lucky them if they can!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We're in midtown! Excited for the show tonight! 

 

Where's everyone grabbing dinner? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rpvee said:

So excited!

 

Did anyone here splurge on the after party? I wonder if attendees will really get the chance to meet Williams and get pictures/autographs. Lucky them if they can!

I’m going to try to get him on the way out but I’d say there’s a close to 0% chance he stops. I detest the scumbag graffers of NYC 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DexterJ said:

I’m going to try to get him on the way out but I’d say there’s a close to 0% chance he stops. I detest the scumbag graffers of NYC 

Me too! I'll probably wait outside the musician's exit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where's the musicians exit? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.