Signs: Hand of Fate Part 1 or 2

Bellosh

Signs: Hand of Fate Part 1 or 2  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Hand of Fate Part 1
    • Hand of Fate Part 2

Which one do you prefer?

Both are different enough, but their names make for a good poll.  (This one is dedicated to @Jurassic Shark

I think part 1 is the second best cue from the score (first one being the Main Titles)

But I also think Part 2 really finishes the score and movie perfectly.  Putting everything to ease.  I  always kinda compared it to the beauty of the Jaws end titles.  It really wraps the score up.

I'd have to agree that they basically function as one long piece, but if I had to choose one section I might lean more towards Part 1. The soft build-up at 3:10 and then the reveal at 4:04 get me every time.

I too have always thought of them as one long piece, and would never contemplate thinking of them separately or trying to rank them against each other

While they form one piece, I think they're sufficiently different in tone and approach as to be comparable.

Part 1 is a wonderful cycle through emotions, with an amazing buildup, whereas part 2 is the release. I'd say I probably listen to part 2 more due to its tamer nature, but it doesn't make part 1 less brilliantly effective.

So I'm also going to cheat and say I love both equally, but more because both parts have their qualities.

Part 1 does that have spine tingling violin at 4:23 that is arguably the best moment in the score.

But it also has the huge bang the first second that always scares the shit out of me when I'm listening all the way through and forget.

I legit almost edited it out on my playlist cause I mostly listen with headphones and it always kills my ears.

I edited Into the Basement and Asthma Attack together, and cut out the first 25 seconds of the latter. The dissonant opening is nice, but I don't need it enough to also keep the shock opening. I always found it very distracting after the former calmed down.

36 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Utterly stupid question. Absolutely stupid. You listen to the both one after the other.

Thank you, Joe. Very cool.

8 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Part 1 is a wonderful cycle through emotions, with an amazing buildup, whereas part 2 is the release. I'd say I probably listen to part 2 more due to its tamer nature, but it doesn't make part 1 less brilliantly effective.

I mean, it’s the climax and the denouement. Can’t really have one without the other, in my opinion.

It’d be like cutting out the last couple minutes of “The Great Eatlon” and calling it a separate cue. 

you guys don't have to take it that seriously.

If the cues were called Hand of Fate and Finale there wouldn't be a poll.

Just wanted to talk about Signs

Part 2 is better though.  Surprised it's losing.

Might do a Battle of Endor 1, 2 or 3 later for another good poll.

22 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

It’d be like cutting out the last couple minutes of “The Great Eatlon” and calling it a separate cue. 

Clearly JNH wanted them separately for this.  I wonder why.

1 hour ago, Bellosh said:

Clearly JNH wanted them separately for this.  I wonder why.

Don't the cues run together seamlessly? I feel like separations like this are typically for editing purposes.

They do but kinda not really at the same time. They do feel very separate in my honest opinion

5 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Don't the cues run together seamlessly? I feel like separations like this are typically for editing purposes.

On 6/10/2021 at 4:39 PM, JoeinAR said:

Utterly stupid question. Absolutely stupid. You listen to the both one after the other.

I am not trying to be harsh but they are two sides of the same coin. They are eternally back to back.

4 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

I am not trying to be harsh but they are two sides of the same coin. They are eternally back to back.

Lol Joe I know you weren't no worries

My intentions on this poll were slightly non serious but also very serious.