Intrada to release Goldsmith’s Rejected score to The Public Eye June 15th

Ollie

Cool!

Cool cover too

Here's a previous thread on this score if anyone's curious

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29233-jerry-goldsmiths-infamously-lost-rejected-dark-noir-score-to-the-public-eye-has-been-found/

And fan-made mockups from the sheet music

• 2 weeks later...

Soundtrack Spotlight podcast episode is out! Hope you enjoy; let me know what you think...

https://goldsmithodyssey.buzzsprout.com/159614/8759839-odyssey-soundtrack-spotlight-the-public-eye-1992

spotlight_the_public_eye.jpg

We play a ton of samples and even compare the score with the Isham scores for those who might be interested in that.

Yavar

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I can't wait to hear this, sadly my Intrada order won't ship until they get in more Rio Conchos...

If you don't have the Intrada LSO Rio Conchos / The Artist Who Did Not Want to Paint in any form yet, believe me it'll be worth the wait...

Yavar

33 minutes ago, Jay said:

I have the last reissue of it

I've bought every Jerry Goldsmith album the specialty labels have released since 2007 or so

Ah, then I don't think it'll make a huge difference for you. Just little tweaks Doug Fake made largely for himself, the most noticeable being some volume adjustments between individual cues that make up The Artist Who Did Not Want to Paint.

Yavar

• 2 weeks later...

I listened to this score last week finally.  I liked it a lot!  It immediately creates a cool mood and stays there the whole time.

The only problem is a weak narrative drive.  It just kind of goes for a while then stops, not clear beginning / middle / end to it.

My impression of it after one pass through was that it’s pretty much just the melody and style of the end credits from “The Vanishing” repeated over and over for a whole score (presumably similar to how he reused the rejected Alien Nation cue for The Russia House?). It’s not unpleasant, but also not especially memorable.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...