LOKI - show and score SPOILERS ALLOWED for aired episodes

Jay

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I guess its similar, but Jonathan Majors was way more fun and kooky as his guy than that Matrix guy was

Yeah, one big difference here is that the character work kept it interesting.  Another big difference for me, and surely this boils down to personal preference, is that I cared more about these characters (and the impact of the sequence on the overall Cinematic Universe) much more than I cared about whatever was going on with Morpheus and whoever, so it was more interesting on those merits alone.

3 hours ago, mstrox said:

Yeah, one big difference here is that the character work kept it interesting.  Another big difference for me, and surely this boils down to personal preference, is that I cared more about these characters (and the impact of the sequence on the overall Cinematic Universe) much more than I cared about whatever was going on with Morpheus and whoever, so it was more interesting on those merits alone.

It might be true to some extent but the writing in this show was mostly outright spelling out what characters think/feel and explaining what's happening. That's hardly sublime storytelling by any standards. 

WandaVision, for all its flaws, managed to portray character's inner struggles in more subtle, complex and interesting way. And that's despite its main plot. Compared to this, it was The Wire. Felt like it actually had something to say. This feels mostly like a set up for other stuff. 

And no, I don't care about the Architect either. My point was this was just as lame and lazy. 

Karol

1 hour ago, rough cut said:

Saw the finale. Am I the only one who thought the whole series was kind of ‘meh’?

I enjoyed it at that time and the acting and production were fine but it didn’t feel more than the sum of its parts. I did enjoy the music though. A little eclectic at times but think I’ll invest in the albums (which are pleasingly not every single note but seem to be curated albums). I think too many years of time travel and end of the universe Doctor Who stories means that such an apocalyptic setup seems a bit meh. I mean. The universe will be saved. Eventually. 

I still haven't seen Falcon and Winter Soldier but I would say it goes

First 7 episodes of WandaVision > Loki > Final two episodes of WandaVision

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

I would agree with that, I think. And then Falcon and Winter Soldier is probably tied with the final two episodes of WandaVision for me.

34 minutes ago, Jay said:

Pretty much that, yeah. FAWS' episodes would go right after the final episodes of WandaVision.

In any country where it's already Friday, the Vol 2 OST album is out

1400x1400bb.webp

1. Headless (2:17)
  2. Temptation (2:12)
  3. Pep Talk (4:04)
  4. Wild (4:05)
  5. Time Loop (2:13)
  6. Lokius (3:00)
  7. Alligator Bite (3:11)
  8. God of Outcasts (2:53)
  9. Reunion (2:37)
  10. Secret Hide Out (1:51)
  11. Goodbyes (3:26)
  12. Living Storm (2:18)
  13. Classic Builds (2:41)
  14. Time (2:45)
  15. Pruned (2:44)
  16. Ravonna's Mission (2:07)
  17. B15's Memories (1:24)
  18. Ohio, 2018 (2:55)
  19. Fibbed (4:12)
  20. Stop (3:17)
  21. Be (4:58)
  22. Back in the TVA (2:12)
  23. He Who Remains (2:55)

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/loki-vol-2-episodes-4-6-original-soundtrack/1577429423

https://music.apple.com/au/album/loki-vol-2-episodes-4-6-original-soundtrack/1577429423

etc

On 7/13/2021 at 7:09 AM, MedigoScan said:

I think this is about right, though I cannot place Dangerous Variant

2. New York, 2012
3. Gobi, 2012
6. Loki Processing
8. Miss Minutes
23. TVA Title Card
7. Aix-En-Provence, 1549
4. TVA First View
13. DB Cooper
11. Frigga
9. Mischievous Scamp
12. TVA Inner Workings
17. Glorious Purpose
18. Archives Part 2
19. Salina, 1858
1. TVA
-

15. Catch Up (Its the standard 'previously on' music)
14. Oshkosh, 1985
18. The Archives Part 1
16. Jet Ski
5. Roxxcart, 2050
18. The Archives Part 3
21. I Miss Randy Part 2/1
22. Reset Charges
20. Loki Green Theme

-
25. Lamentis-1, 2077

24. Very Full by Tom Hiddleston

(episode 3 got the short end of the stick here)

I believe Dangerpus Variant is a alternate of Salina, 1858. Second half is the same.

Vol. 2 is really hard. I watched ep. 4 & 5 and only have 11 tracks in order.

Well I have episode 6 in my memory the most, so I can cut down your guessing list by about 10 tracks

Which are these in order.

14. Time
2. Temptation
4. Wild
18. Ohio, 2018 Part 1
16. Ravonna's Mission

21. Be
19. Fibbed
18. Ohio, 2018 Part 2
20. Stop
22. Back in the TVA
23. He Who Remains

This episode is also nearly complete aside from 3 or so minor tracks (one of which is in the end credits)

9 hours ago, MedigoScan said:

Well I have episode 6 in my memory the most, so I can cut down your guessing list by about 10 tracks

Which are these in order.

14. Time
2. Temptation
4. Wild
18. Ohio, 2018 Part 1
16. Ravonna's Mission

21. Be
19. Fibbed
18. Ohio, 2018 Part 2
20. Stop
22. Back in the TVA
23. He Who Remains

This episode is also nearly complete aside from 3 or so minor tracks (one of which is in the end credits)

Great, thanks.

Only tracks I haven't put in yet then are,

Lokius

God Of Outcasts

God of Outcasts should be right before Alligator Bite when he motivates the other Lokis

Lokius plays after Time Looped, when he talks with Mobius

Btw apparently Dangerous Variant plays at the start of episode 4 instead. Or at least most of it does.

edit: also unless I misplaced this track, I feel like Pruned sounds remarkably different in the show.

3 hours ago, MedigoScan said:

God of Outcasts should be right before Alligator Bite when he motivates the other Lokis

Lokius plays after Time Looped, when he talks with Mobius

Btw apparently Dangerous Variant plays at the start of episode 4 instead. Or at least most of it does.

edit: also unless I misplaced this track, I feel like Pruned sounds remarkably different in the show.

Then I believe this is the correct order:

Ep. 4

5. Time Loop

6. Lokius

17. B-15's Memories

15. Pruned

3. Pep Talk

Ep. 5

1. Headless

10. Secret Hideout

8. God Of Outcasts

7. Alligator Bite

9. Reunion

11. Goodbyes

12. Living Storm

13. Classic Builds

Ep. 6

14. Time
2. Temptation
4. Wild
18. Ohio, 2018 Part 1
16. Ravonna's Mission

21. Be
19. Fibbed
18. Ohio, 2018 Part 2
20. Stop
22. Back in the TVA
23. He Who Remains

thx for your list - first I felt like Headless comes shortly after Dangerous Variant in Ep 4 - but then I rewatched the beginning of Ep 5 again and saw this camera-drive toward the head on the ground and then I thought: ok ok ok - this track belongs really to Ep 5 :D

Too many headless things in the show

The decapitated fake Timekeeper, those weird birds, the statue in episode 5, the 4th statue inside the citadel of episode 6.

Makes me think...

I am surprised they didnt give us the music for the fake timekeeper showdown, but other than that this was a much more comprehensive release.

10 minutes ago, MedigoScan said:

I am surprised they didnt give us the music for the fake timekeeper showdown, but other than that this was a much more comprehensive release.

Oh yes - that cue would be awesome to have - but I'm really happy with this release - most of the highlights are included.

Oh I do have a correction to make

Pruned is actually the last song of episode 5, including the first part of the end credits.

What plays in episode 4 sounds a little like it, but not much.

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, Gibster said:

Natalie Holt said in an interview that Hildur Guðnadóttir originally turned down Loki

Thank fuck for that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

First episode of S2 already released! I recently rewatched the first season, and I think it's one of the best things Marvel has done after Endgame, even if it has some flaws, and I found the finale a bit underwhelming.

Even so, it was so much fun and this new episode continued this, with some unexpected twists and turns, but also lots of great comedy between Tom Hiddelston, Owen Wilson and the new character played by Ke Huy Quan! The main set piece near the end of the episode was quite emotional as well, and the show has already hooked me for the rest of the season! I hope they can do justice to Kang an establish him as a proper threat, because so far his appearances on Loki S1 and Quantumania haven't approached the same level of power and mystery that Thanos had in his first appearances.

Natalie Holt's music continues to be great, and I think all the main themes from the first season returned in the episode, with the exception of Loki and Sylvie's theme, which I hope gets expanded upon, because it's one of my favorite parts of her score!

10 minutes ago, Knight of Ren said:

, with the exception of Loki and Sylvie's theme, which I hope gets expanded upon, because it's one of my favorite parts of her score!

Wasn't it used when Sylvie opened the elevator doors?

Loki - Season 2 x Ep. 1

The MCU has had a rough time lately. For a lot of people the films have been hit or miss and some of the series were really bad. I actually really enjoyed and partly loved chunks of Phase 4. Phase 5 got of to a rocky start with Quantumania. A film which didn't work on multiple levels. Then Guardians Of The Galaxy, Vol. 3 was fantastic and felt like a step in the right direction. But then came Secret Invasion, which was a waste of time, momey, actors and a waste of some of the best source material in comics. It was just bad.

I was a bit scared for S2 of Loki because the creative team has fully changed. Especially director Kate Herron made an impact on S1. But I have to say that after Ep. 1 this show is just as good and maybe even better than S1. It has very high stakes, great humor, fantastic production design and effects, awesome (new) characters and just an overall feel that everything was thought out really well.

Loki has always been one of my favorite characters of the MCU ever since his introduction. He is very interesting and Tom Hiddleston just oozes charisma. He IS Loki!
The supporting cast is also great. Owen Wilson is great especially his chemistry with Hiddleston. Wunmi Mosaku adds a lot of gravitas to her role which I really enjoy.
The addition of Ke Huy Quan is maybe the best thing about the episode. He is fun, funny and really gells with the whole vibe of the show. He's spectacular!
Kang hasn't even showed up, but he already feels threatening. Something which wasn't the case in Quantumania at all. 

I'm excited about the rest of the series and hope the emotion and stakes continue throughout. It's been a while since I felt that in the MCU.

Natalie Holt's music remains incredibly strong. The synths and choir parts were especially impressive. Can't wait for the music in future episode and the albums!